PROMISES

Lavender shivered. It was cold. I mean, it's usually cold in the undercity, but tonight it felt especially freezing. She let out a breath as she stared around in the darkroom, allowing her eyes to adjust. Taking in her surroundings, she looked around at their hideout. Everyone was asleep once she and vi made their way back down to the basement. Soon after, lavender crawled her way to her top bunk, quickly dozing off. Wishing vi a good night in the process. She couldn't blame her siblings for falling asleep; she too was exhausted; her legs and feet ached all day after running from Piltover back to the lanes and then kicking those thugs' asses. All that and not even one thing to show for it.

Lav grumbled and looked over at Mylo, who was on the couch with his head hanging back, looking dead in his sleep. Claggor was on the other couch with his head and hands lazily in his lap. Next to him was Ekko, with his head on the armrest, slight drool coming out of his mouth. And if she peered over the top bunk, she'd see powder and Vi sleeping peacefully on the bottom. Lavender smiled a little. Believe it or not, but these quiet moments when the only thing that could be heard was the faint sound of music upstairs and the shuffling of feet, were her favorites. She sighed a little, turning over to the other side of the top bunk, expecting to be alone, but to her surprise, she wasn't. Her breath hitched when her eyes connected with a pair of pale blue ones.

"Hi," Vi barely whispered. Her voice was soft and faint against Lavender's cheek. "Hey," She replied. They sat in silence for what felt like hours. Their bodies were mirroring each other, both having their hands tucked behind their heads and faces so close lavender could take in vi's warmth. Moments from the rooftop came flooding back into Lavender's head, making her feel warm.

Vi was peering up at her with her pale blue eyes, her face slightly flushed, and just inches away from hers. Lavender had to fight the urge to reach her hand up and tuck a little bit of dark pink hair out of her face.

"What are you doing up here? You usually sleep in powder's bed, though I'm not complaining. " Lav finally broke the silence, knowing that if Vi kept gazing at her like that, she wouldn't be able to take it. "I got cold," Vi said, looking away.

Lavender had known Vi for years now since she was twelve. She knew if Vi wasn't looking her in the eyes, then she was most definitely lying.

"Is that all?" Lavender pushed. Vi sighed and their eyes met again, but this time her eyes looked more serious. "No... I wanted to check up on you." She muttered, now moving her hand to pick at the small blanket that was laid over them.

Lavender realized after going to Benzo's and then the rooftop moment, she never checked up on vi and had their 'later' talk. This caused her to chuckle. "That's all you had to say, love." It didn't take long for Vi's face to become bright red from the pet-name as she again looked away at the blanket.

"I should be the one checking on you," Lavender said slowly, taking her hand out behind her head and inching it closer to Vi's.

"I'm fine."

"You always say that. You don't always have to be "fine," you know. "

Vi looked up at her, sucking in a breath before letting go. "Vander took care of me."

"Good" was all that Lavender said as she finally reached for Vi's hand and held it. Vi looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled. "I hope you know, Lav, I would never take you guys on a job I thought you couldn't handle."

"Shush," Lav whispered, squeezing Vi's calloused hand. "Vi, I trust you with my life. I know you would never put me in danger, or any of us for that matter. " Vi's eyebrows scrunched together like she was in deep thought.

"Hey," Lavender gently let go of Vi's hand to cup her cheek. "Ekko, Mylo, claggor, me... powder. We trust you. We know you only mean good. And if anything counts, I'll always be there by your side when you mess up, ready to defend you. "