VI?

"Shortcake?"

Lav held her breath. Something felt... off. Everything in her told her that despite that pet name, whoever was behind her was talking to her.

Slowly, she turned her head around, her breath getting caught in her throat when she saw the woman from earlier staring at her.

"Shortcake?" They repeated it, but they sounded more relieved.

The woman slowly lowered her hood, allowing her hair to be put on display. Pink hair? Lav's mind flashed back to her dream. The girl with the pink hair seemed clearer in her mind.

"Oh, Lavender," her voice cracked as she studied her, "you're alive."

Lav let out an oof as she felt the woman wrap her arms around her, pulling her in close, causing her to pause out of confusion. Lavender felt her warmth spread throughout her as she pulled back slightly, the woman's calloused hands going to cup her cheek.

For just a second, Lav stood there in shock, taking in the her presence, before her body reacted. Swiftly, she wrapped her arms around the woman's wrist, spinning her off of her and shoving her away. The pinkette spun out of her grasp, perplexed at how quickly she pushed her away.

"Shit-Lav- It's me, Vi, "

"Vi?" The name felt oddly familiar on lavender's tongue.

The woman began pointing at herself, rambling about things Lav didn't understand. Mentioning stillwater prison and something about...powder? What the fuck was a "powder"?

She stood there dumbfounded, looking her up and down with confusion and caution in her stance.

Vi paused her rambling, realizing the woman before her wasn't listening to anything coming out of her mouth. Vi peered at her, squinting her eyes, trying to make out the details of the woman's face. Maybe it wasn't her?

No, no, Vi knew that face from anywhere; it was her. She knew instantly when their eyes connected, she would never forget those warm eyes. But what made her confident that this was lavender was the choker necklace dangling around her neck. Vi had dreamt that one day she would once again see it. She had every detail memorized, and she knew who its owner was. The only difference Vi could see was the long, veiny purple scar running across her chest, and her hair was much longer, cascading down her back, along with... an eyebrow piercing?

"Look, your..." Lav paused, looking up and down at the women before sputtering slightly, "H-hot," she shook her head, "but I'm off work, so come back another day, love. I have someone to get back to, so if you'll just..." She slowly began backing her way out before the woman reached out, wrapping her hand around Lavender's wrist.

"Wait, wait, you don't recognize me?"

Lav glared down at her hand that was tight around her wrist before staring back up at her.

"Not on a personal level, no." Lavender yanked her hand from her grip. What is her problem?

"But-H-how? It's me... Violet. " Her earnest eyes were looking up at her with so much hurt that Lav couldn't help but feel bad. She had a weakness for puppy eyes.

She thought to herself for a moment before coming to the conclusion: This woman was drugged up. She had to be on shimmer; there was no other explanation for her lost and confused state.

Lav sighed to herself, deciding it was best to handle this situation like she would a jinx situation. With caution and care.

"Hey look, I know you must be confused." Lav hesitantly reached her hand out before laying it on the Pinkett's shoulder. She felt immensely awkward, but she stuck it out, used to this type of situation from the brothel.