CHANGE

Lav looked around her. Sometimes the lanes could be just as beautiful as Piltover.

The lights were shining bright across her face, and the faint sound of music could be heard coming from somewhere. Lavender let out a grunt as she hauled herself on top of another building, trying to keep up with Vi.

"Where are we going?" Lav asked, yelling a little over to Vi. She just smiled in return. "You'll see shortcake."

She groaned at Vi's secretiveness. Lavender hated surprises.

Both girls began to speed up their pace along the rooftops of the homes in the lanes. Vi let out a chuckle when she dropped low onto a building, catching lavender off her guard. She had never been on this side of town before and was not used to the area.

Taking the chuckle as a challenge, lavender began to speed up her pace. She used her agility to jump farther ahead, racing across the buildings. Vi smiled at her competitiveness and took on the challenge, speeding up. Lavender did not once let her take the lead.

She moved so fast and gracefully that vi let out an exasperated sigh when she saw that lavender was two buildings ahead of her.

"Shortcake, do you even know where you're going?!" Vi shouted when she saw Lavender get ahead of herself. "No!" Lavender let out a laugh, "I would if you would just tell me." Lavender slowed down, waiting for Vi to catch up with her.

Vi smiled at her childish laughter. "We're almost there."

After a few more jumps and runs, the two finally made it to a clearing. Lavender let out a confused "Huh," looking at the platform in front of them.

It was a huge circular platform with stairs leading up to it from behind and a broken railing surrounding it. Behind the platform was a huge neon sign with broken lights flickering and a huge bass fish in the center.

Lavender felt Vi take her hand, leading her up to the area. Vi went first, hoisting herself up, then reaching down and pulling lavender up with her. Lavender spun around, looking at the flickering neon sign, having no clue where they were.

"Violet, what is this place?"

"A past life," Vi muttered, walking over to her and taking her hand again. leading her to where the edge of the railing had an opening. Lavender blindly followed her, sitting down when she did, legs dangling over the bottom.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" Lavender asked. Looking around, she realized this place was surrounded by multiple buildings allowing them to see across Zuan, fog covering them slightly.

"When I was young," Vi began, "Me and powder lived not too far from here." Vi pointed off in the distance. "We lived in a tiny one-bedroom home." Vi let out a deep chuckle. "That seems like a million years ago,"

"Hey," Lavender said, taking her hands in hers, wrapping them around Vi's calloused fingers. "Talk to me, love." She whispered.

Vi smiled weakly at her. "Sometimes, I try to remember my life before Vander. My mom and dad seem like figments of my imagination, like they were never real. But then there are these moments when I look at powder, and all I see is my mother. " Vi began to close her eyes and squeeze Lavender's hand tight. She didn't mind though, she could handle it.

"And then all of sudden these memories come back like they were submerged for so long, and then finally they overflow and come flooding through my mind. Our home life, my mom... the bridge. Yet somehow I can't even remember my own father's face anymore. " Vi let out a weak cry, feeling a tear slip a little down her face.