Chapter 30 - Change in Character

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Even so, you're always either hanging out with either her or Miku. When are you going to spend time with the rest of us?"

"You don't need to ask twice. My schedule isn't particularly full these days."

"You know, I've been thinking that the seven of us could do something after the finals."

"Like what?"

"What do you say we travel together?"

That one caught me off guard.

"We just got back from the school trip."

"Yeah, but we barely spent time together at all. I want to do something all of us can enjoy together."

"I see. What are your plans?"

"Hehehe, I'm glad you asked. I wanted to take us to a resort, or maybe we could go to Hokkaido. Do you have any suggestions?"

"I do. Here, exercises one to six," I gave her the textbook.

"Aw, come on!"

"We gotta take care of your grades first. I doubt your father will let you travel if you do bad."

"Ah, come on! You're no fun."

"I'm still your tutor and we're still in a session. We can talk about this in the interval if you'd like."

Ichika huffed but ultimately complied. After that brief exchange, the session went quite smoothly. A lot more than I was expecting, actually. Every so often I would sneak glances at the others, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well they were doing. The girls were quite engaged with Yotsuba's enthusiastic if slightly unorthodox way of teaching. Even Nino was engaged, so I'm pretty confident in saying this new approach is a success.

Time went by rather quickly. The days were becoming shorter and shorter, so by the time our sessions were over, it was already relatively dark outside. As usual, Nino accompanied me down to the lobby.

"It's quite chilly tonight. Are you sure you don't want to spend the night with us?"

"I'd consider it if it was snowing, but that's not the case. Plus I don't have anything to wear to sleep."

"I don't see how that's a problem," she winked.

"You know that I can hear you two, right?" Fuutarou said.

"Then stop eavesdropping, you perv!"

"Then let's do it like this," I said, "Next time I come over, I'll bring two or three sets of clothes to live here with you. That way I can spend the night here if anything unexpected happens."

"Sounds good. But well, even if you're not spending the night, let me at least call an uber for you two or something."

"Our houses are in opposite directions. You're better off just calling one for Fuutarou since he lives farther away."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. It's better cuz then we can talk about that thing."

"What thing?" she tilted her head, confused.

"You know? Involving Miku?"

"Oh... OH! That. I've been wanting to talk to you about it."

"Is it something I shouldn't know about?" Fuutarou raised an eyebrow.

"It's nothing you should worry about. I mean, unless you have advice on how to ask your crush out, you probably wouldn't be able to help her anyway."

I felt Nino gripping my arm tightly, giving me the Yelena face.

"Miku has a crush on someone?" he asked me, with an expression a little more worried than I was expecting.