Sixteen

I awoke in the morning feeling something warm on my face. Moving slightly I saw Olivia laying in bed with me. She looked peaceful. I reached up and moved the piece of hair off her face. The feel of her skin made me remember the time I kissed her and walked away like it was nothing. I felt guilty about it now. Olivia woke up and looked at me
"Are you okay?" She asked me.
"I feel guilty about that time I kissed you. The way I walked away from you." I told her. She laughed a little bit.
"Don't worry about it. It's one of my fondest memories." She said with a smile. "But you can always make it up to me." She added sitting up slightly looking at me
"How?" I asked her. Before she could answer me a bell rang
"That would be breakfast best we get ready." She said getting up heading to the bathroom but didn't close the door behind her. "If you wish to shower you need to hurry." She spoke from the bathroom. I got up opening my bag and grabbing out my uniform.
"I'm not bothered by it. But why did you sleep in the bed with me?" I asked walking into the bathroom to see her using magic to pull her hair into a bun.
"Well when I did get up to go have dinner I came back to you having a rather nasty nightmare. I used my magic to make it go away and fell asleep while doing so." She told me.
"Why?" I asked. "Why did you help me like that?" I clarified. Olivia gave me a warm smile as she looked at me.
"Well I like you. A lot more then you think. I would go as far as asking you to be my girlfriend if I believed I even had a chance. But it was pretty clear your only interest is Blake and Ian and I was the furthest person from your radar." She said turning back to the mirror
"And you have no issues telling me you like me?" I asked surprise. Olivia smiled now but I saw the sadness in her eyes.
"It would be a lie to say I didn't love you gem. But I reached a point that I accepted you wouldn't feel the same way towards me." She spoke tidying up her mess. I broke this girls heart and didn't even know it.
"I'm sorry I made you feel that way." I whispered ashamed of myself. Olivia headed towards me where I stood in the doorway. She was taller then me. But then again just about everyone is taller then me. She was average hight for a female.
"Don't apologise. It's not your fault you are mostly attracted to men." She spoke amused.
"I wouldn't say I'm attracted to men" I said looking at her "I have always been attracted to power. And there are few woman who have had the power to stand up to me." I explained to her she gave an understanding nod now
"That does make sense. I couldn't hold a candle to the power you had before." She said moving back into the room. I looked at her I wanted to make it up to her.
"How about I make it up to you while I'm here." I suggested. Olivia laughed now
"I don't want a pity date from you Gem. That's worse then the rejection." She told me.
"It wasn't really a pity date." I whispered rubbing my neck. "I just wanted to spend some more time with you." I added a little embarrassed.
"Why?" She asked me. Why? Why did I want to spend time with her?
"I'm not sure but when I saw you yesterday even the anxiety I had about being here went away. For the first time since the incident I had a sense of safety and I knew it came from you and I want to understand why." I told her. I looked at Olivia. She just smiled at me now.
"Well we do have an hour after breakfast before events start. We can hang out after that." She told me. I nodded slightly before heading into the bathroom to have a shower.

After I was ready I headed over to the school with Casey and the others. I remembered the way to the dinning hall here. But the school had an uneasy feeling. The stone walls that were normally warm were damp. I could see some mould growing in a few places here and there. Going into the dinning hall it normally had magic in the air. But it was dull and felt lifeless. I headed over to where Olivia was because she waved me over. Sitting beside her where she saved me a seat I was greeted with a death glair from Victor.
"Such a pleasure to see you as normal." I spoke with sarcasm looking at him
"You are gonna loose this year." Victor said with a grin "i don't care if it means killing you." He added.
"And as usual your attempt will fail and you'll just be made a fool of." I said mocking him. He gripped it fork tighter glaring at me
"Easy you two." A guy I didn't know spoke. But I did recognise him
"Shut your face." Victor spat at him I just rolled my eyes and started eating.
"Just one time I would like to have a polite meal without you making it feel like someone will launch across the table and start trying to kill each other." Olivia spoke.
"Well if she didn't show up I wouldn't be so angry." Victor snapped
"And if you didn't show up. I wouldn't have to." I said annoyed with him. He didn't have anything else to say. I felt Olivia touch my hand slight and when she did I realise it was trembling. I don't know why but I held her hand in the most desperate way. I was scared Kyle would try something. And I was fighting off a panic attack and the tears. I kept my eyes on my food as I ate and I could feel Olivia rubbing my hand under the table.