27. Ham

"I'm ok, just need to pick up something

"I'm ok, just need to pick up something. Will be back... very soon," he hesitated caressing his fingertips down Jungkook's face letting his thumb glide over the cool structure of the lip piercing.

I wish you could be my mate, that thought twisted his insides when he was completely drowning in doe eyes.

"What?" Jungkook became shy.

"You're the most handsome man on the planet," Jimin lowered his gaze collecting all courage. "I will be back in a few," he muttered hoping against hope that this wasn't a complete lie then leaned in to melt in Jungkook's lips.

It was difficult to part, but time was ticking, so he grabbed the door handle leaving into the cold night air. The building raising high above him and the world spun a bit, his leather shoes banging against the pavement, the stone stairs. The round door moved letting him in to a lobby with three meter long crystal chandeliers.

"Good evening sir," the receptionist bowed.

"I'm here to see Miss Lee Gowoon," he said tapping his fingers against the counter, the sweat drops already rolling down his neck.

"Miss Lee is waiting for you in the private lobby Mr. Park. I will guide you," the receptionist put on a fake smile moving from behind the counter to led Jimin right along the main restaurant to a secluded room with ultramarine and oak furniture.

There was a young woman with sand blonde hair tied up in a ponytail sitting on a couch sipping a drink.

"Miss Lee, Mr. Park," the receptionist bowed leaving them alone when Jimin's head was so dizzy he grabbed the nearest chair for hold.

"So you're here," the woman took another sip of the drink.

"Let's make it quick. You know why I'm here I just need to check..." he caught a scent that twisted his head, as it was the strangest mixture he has ever felt, the distracting even disturbing note of passion fruit and something like freshly opened oils paint. "What is your scent?" He asked squeezing the chair lane tightly.

"I guess you feel it in this room," she raised her brow.

"This scent is fake," he said not being able to recognize his own voice.

"Jimin. You're looking for passion fruit and paint, it's here, right in front of you," their eyes met taking his breath away.

Some tears rolled down his cheeks when he was sniffing the air the scent hitting his nostrils so unpleasant he thought he might throw up.

"I can't accept that," he pressed out.

"Mate, where are you going?" She smiled but Jimin stumbled to the door, the room swimming around him, his breath short and he pushed the door falling into the corridor hitting a wall, panting madly as it couldn't be. The scent from his memory and what he has felt there belonging to absolutely different universes.

This is not it, he whispered crouching down to hide his face in his hands.

Time passing when the exhibition has already started. Jungkook was freezing in the car waiting for him like the little one and it was his birthday today.

I need to go to him, he muttered getting up, drying his face from sweat and tears then stumbling to the main lobby, out into the cold night to finally catch a deeper breath.

"Jimin? Are you ok?" Jungkook's worried eyes rested on him the moment he got into the car.

"Yes," he lied taking the boy's palm to intertwine their fingers, that small gesture calming his inner wolf down so he relaxed.

"Thank you," he whispered resting his head on Jungkook's shoulder wishing so much they boy had a scent, any damn scent he could fall into.

"What happened?"

"I have met one of my ex's friends, she was a mean bitch, but... I have what I need," he reached into the jacket pocket for the envelope."

"What is this?" Jungkook seemed tense.

"An invitation for the surprise. Come, we're already late," Jimin caressed over Jungkook's palm calming down enough to start the car.

He will process what has happened in there later, now he needed to get to the National Art Gallery as quickly as possible, so Jungkook can meet his biggest idol.

How could she smell like passion fruit and paint? Is it really game over? Was it her? The questions were banging in Jimin's head, but he was ignoring them completely parking in front of the gallery to see Jungkook's jaw falling.

"Um... why... here," he pressed out.

"Come, we're late," Jimin left the car seeing the omega hesitantly getting out.

Jungkook was mumbling something indecipherable, becoming so cute when they were climbing the stairs to the main entrance.

"Here are the invitations," Jimin took them out of the envelope handing to the guards.

"Please enjoy the exhibition sirs," a gallery worker hurried to led them in. Jungkook keeping a little in the back so Jimin gave him a sign to come.

The boy's legs like fixed to the ground though.

"Jungkookie, come," Jimin approached taking the boy's hand pulling him inside.

Is she my mate? Is this here just a dream I want to become reality so badly, thought Jimin intertwining their fingers.

Still, there was no time for doubts now when they entered the main room and Jungkook sniffed.

"Hey, what's up?" Jimin looked at the boy's puffy face.

Jungkook only shook his head suddenly letting go of his hand and running out.

"Kookie? What? Wait!" Jimin sprinted behind him to find Jungkook sitting on the main gallery stairs crying. "Hey... don't you like my surprise?"

There were pins and needles on Jimin's skin. Jungkook sobbed more trembling hard, so Jimin waited until he gets over the cries.

"So? Speak. What is it?"

Thank you so much for your feedback, I know how worried you have been about this chapter

Thank you so much for your feedback, I know how worried you have been about this chapter. So what do you think about Jimin's meeting with Gawoon and the scent he has felt? Is she his mate? How will the exhibition go?

Much <3