17. Bacon

"My friends want me to hang out with them, you know I can not ditch them everyday," Jimin was sweating, his stomach twisting unpleasantly, as he hated lying to Jungkook

"Sure, don't bother," the boy's face darkened.

They had stopped in front of Your House shop.

"I have a shift anyway," he shrugged.

"I'll pick you up."

"Like last time," Jungkook sounded anything but not completely sarcastic.

"I'll do better than last time."

The boy just shrugged opening the car door.

"Hey, I'm standing to what I've said last night," Jimin took his palm.

"Sure," Jungkook avoided his gaze getting out of the car as quickly as possible.

Jimin could swear he was upset and hurt, his heart bleeding, but maybe giving the boy false hope wasn't the right thing to do, especially as he will soon find his mate.

Amelia's house was filled with guests, the whole garden lit up with lanterns Hobi and Tae were finishing to hang out. Jimin was tense though, checking the phone every few minutes, the guilt still present in his guts. You need to find your mate, he reminded himself sending Seilia a fake smile, she was that one to convince today.

"Jimin! So glad you're here," Amelia ran to him for a brief hug. "Good luck," she winked lowering her voice.

I will need way more than luck, he thought reaching a long table with dishes to take a few snacks.

"Listen up, everyone is gathered here now!" Amelia raised her voice getting all attention. "Let's split into teams of two, whoever finds all clues first wins, so choose your partners."

There was a rumor in the room and Jimin crossed it quickly stopping right in front of Seilia.

"Look who's here," she narrowed her cat eyes.

"Let's go," Jimin took her hand pulling to the garden door.

Of course his ex was sure he was slowly bending to her charms again, yet his mind was completely somewhere else wondering if a certain omega was fine.

Him and Seilia have had a magnificent summer, a romance out of this world, he had been high on crushing so hard, driving with the roof rolled down to play with her red curls, lying on a blanket between flowers and grass strings, to dance for her wearing underwear only the next morning in that spacious hotel room they had rented for the night. He couldn't say there wasn't anything still attracting him to her, but now he knew better, she wasn't his mate, didn't smell like passion fruit and paint, no one did. That sudden missing opening up inside him, taking his breath away.

"Jimin, hey. What happened?" Seilia's palm landed on his cheek when he stopped in a garden alley, the other couples giggling around them. Hobi was pressing Amelia to a tree trunk kissing her deeply, while Tae was kidnapping that hot cheerleader he had hooked up with on the yacht to a dark part of the garden. Jimin's head dizzy as his inner wolf was torn, tossing inside him to get his mate here and now, press to another tree and kiss into oblivion.

"Jimin? You're pale?" Seilia was caressing down his neck all too meaningfully.

Her smell such a turn off right now as his mind was filled with the almighty memory of his mates scent and to get to that person he needed to press that contact information out of Seilia.

"Jimin?"

"Let's go or the others will find the clues before us," he took her hand off his neck pulling her through the garden to rumble along flowerbeds and find a colorful paper roll in the greenhouse.

"What's that?" Seilia pressed to his side when he unwrapped a strange drawing with an arrow pointing at a place.

"Wait," Jimin was watching that sketch trying to read out any sense of it.

We need to find our mate now, was begging his wolf, but he ignored that raising frustration and anxiety, twisting the paper, his gaze falling at the lit up villa so nicely visible from inside that greenhouse.

"It's the building," Jimin moved two steps forward his heart beating loudly following the sketch to the pointing arrow. "The attic! Come!" He grabbed Seilia by the arm pulling her forward, both bumping into a couple that was just entering the greenhouse.

"Jimin you're so clever," Seilia cuddled to his side. "That's why I have a crush on you."

The emptiness inside him even bigger, but he ignored running all the way back to the house to catch Hobi and Amelia making out on the couch, those two were freshly in love and too obsessed with each other.

"They're cute," Seilia winked. "Like we had been last summer."

The heat storming Jimin's body at the memories was severe.

"Come, I think we can win this," he entered the corridor leading to the main staircase, both climbing, Seilia leading higher and higher into the house.

"Are you afraid of the darkness?" She asked watching him with half opened eyes while stopping on those narrow attic stairs.

"No, are you?" Jimin put his foot on the first step.

"Maybe? But I have a handsome alpha with me tonight," her voice was seductive, she was climbing the stairs moving her hips in a way too sexy manner when he put his second foot up.

There was a punch in his lower stomach as if someone has kicked him bellow the belly taking his breath away for seconds.

"What the..." Jimin swore holding on to the walls, standing still until the pain faded.

"Jimin, are you coming?" Seilia must have reached the attic so he followed finding the light switch to turn it on. She was sitting on a chest drawer pouting her lips.

"I thought you're not afraid of the dark."

"I am not," Jimin began to walk around the room looking for the clue. "Seilia..."

"Yes?"

"I need the number to your stylist's friend," he said with his back towards her.

Thank you so much for your love, I'm sorry I didn't have much time to answer your comments lately, I hope I will be able to catch up on it soon

Thank you so much for your love, I'm sorry I didn't have much time to answer your comments lately, I hope I will be able to catch up on it soon. So what do you think about the chapter? Jimin going to Amelia's house and his time with Seilia? What will happen in the attic?

Much <3