the one with the confessions

Start from the beginning

"But it was. Everything between us was real." The boy protested.

“I told you.. I warned you to stay away from me.” Stiles felt himself sob. Elyna was sobbing.

“Please, Aurora, do not cry.” The man grasped Elyna’s hands. “I do not regret meeting you.”

Elyna was shaking her head. “I can’t do this..I-I can do this, Basil. Please don’t make me do this.”

“I know.” Basil cupped Elyna’s cheek. “But please, I want your face to be the last thing I see. You have to do this.”

Elyna flung herself into Basil’s arms as she sobbed, her hands grabbing his shirt in a fist. “I love you, Basil. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.”

Basil stroked Elyna’s head, and Stiles knew that Basil was crying too. They pulled back.

“It’s okay.” Basil cooed to Elyna. “It’s okay. I know you can do it.”

Elyna shook her head but stepped back from Basil. "I will never forget you, Basil."

“I love you.” Basil said and smiled painfully through his tears.

“I love you too.”

Elyna sucked a deep breath and opened her mouth.

Stiles could see how Basil’s face changed from pain to sudden, terrifying blankness.

His eyes glossed over and his muscles relaxed, as his limbs hung limply down his sides.
Basil’s eyes turned dazed, lifeless looking before turning back to his usual blue ones.

Elyna closed her mouth.

Basil’s eyes cleared and he blinked rapidly as he broke from his trance.
He looked around in confusion and then his eyes landed on Elyna.

Stiles could see how Basil's eyes never cleared of the confusion of who the girl standing in front of him, was. He never recognised the girl.

Stiles was sucked out of the memory to another.

Again a terrified boy was subjected to Elyna’s enchantment, making him forget about her.

Then another boy, then another.

After that, Stiles was sucked out of the trance. He found himself back in the cafe, his hands still tightly grasped by Elyna, who was now gazing at him while a single tear fell down her cheek.

 He found himself back in the cafe, his hands still tightly grasped by Elyna, who was now gazing at him while a single tear fell down her cheek

Elyna desperately hoped that Stiles had some learning outcome from her short memory tour and would distance himself away from her. She found herself glancing at the boy every now and then, while Stiles drove to the school.