ACT II. Scene I- Epilogue

chapter eighty-eight

It was all back to normal after that fucked up night; after Jennifer was killed and Scott let Deucalion go, after every parent returned to their homes, happy and relieved to be alive.

However, things were far worse in the Benston household.

Since that night, the siblings didn't talk, the atmosphere between them toxic and unbearably suffocating. Aldrich wouldn't even let himself be in the same room as Elyna, and went as far as working consecutive overnight shifts to avoid her. Elyna didn't know what to do, but everytime she caught the ice cold glare in her brother's eyes, she felt like she didn't even know this person before her. Elyna would cry almost all night, and wake up the next morning, knowing that she had passed out from crying.

Stiles was her sjelevenn, her soulmate, it wasn't something that Elyna could ignore about, she was bound to be pulled in towards him. Soulmates were common in the world of Sirens; every one having their own and normally Sirens die if they loose their soulmate.

Elyna knew she would have to leave Beacon Hills, before people would begin to notice that they weren't aging as normal, so she had to break up with Stiles- just as they both knew. Elyna knew that she wasn't a conventional Siren, so she probably wouldn't die on loosing her soulmate, but it would surely shatter her into millions of pieces.

And she knew that Aldrich was scared and maybe also fed up to be the one who would end pick up the pieces. Just like he had done when she had to wipe herself from Basil's life and the tsunami of grief after she had come back from the darkest period of her life.

Aldrich was scared that this time, Elyna would feel everything in much huge magnitude than before because Stiles Stilinski was her soulmate.

He was scared that he would loose her permanently this time. He knew that the strong armour that Elyna kept on carrying, was actually shattered. Her sister was completely shattered, scared of her own self and her powers.
After Basil, Aldrich was able to save Elyna from herself and though it made both the Benston siblings co-dependent on each other, the brother was just glad to be able to pick up the shattered pieces of her sister, and somewhat fix her.

But, he was sure that this time, Elyna wouldn't be able to handle the grief and he was terrified that this time, he would have to helplessly watch Elyna self-distruct.
He was angry that she chose to fall for Stiles even after knowing that he was her soulmate and what would happen to her afterwards.
But love isn't something you could control.

Aldrich had decided that he will work even on the weekends, but Elyna was so adamant on making him listen to what she wanted to say that she caught him before he was leaving for the police station, but Aldrich didn't even let her speak and went away.

She didn't want to be alone, crying all day, so when Stiles invited her to stay over for the afternoon, for spending some time together, Elyna readily agreed.