the one with the partners project- part 3

thirty-nine

🐺🐺🐺

Elyna Benston pulled out her books and stationary and kept them on Stiles' bed as the boy sat down in front of her. He grabbed his laptop and opened it.

“So, uh, do you know anything about feudalism in Japan?” he asked.

“I do.” Elyna pulled a pillow on her lap after asking Stiles and crossed her legs to sit comfortably. “Do you?”

Stiles bit the insides of his cheek. “It’s about hereditary classes. The nobles were at the top, followed by warriors, with tenant farmers or serfs below, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. You’re correct.”

“Do you know anything else?” Stiles hoped that she would. He loves to hear her talk.

“Uh, feudal system of Japan was less contractually based and a much more personal affair between lords and vassals with a strong paternalistic influence coming from the oya or 'parent.' Uh, um, the feudal system in Japan was, like really established from the beginning of the Kamakura Period in the late 12th century CE when the military dictators replaced the emperor and imperial court as the country's main source of government. -” Elyna stopped seeing the tiniest amused grin on Stiles’ face. “Uh, sorry, I just start rambling.”

Stiles shook his head. “No worries, I’m even worse than you when it comes to superheroes, you know? Uh, Batman and Aquaman.”

“Don’t forget Star Wars.” Elyna added with a chuckle.

“Yeah.” Stiles smiled back. “And for the record, I don’t mind when you ramble off. I-uh-I like listening to you.”

The Siren-Human’s heart thumped as her cheeks turned a visible pink.
She quickly looked away, biting her tongue. She was unaware of Stiles hitting himself on his head for being so blunt.

Of course they’d been way too close and personal in the club that night, but the both of them dismissed the incident as an effect of alcohol only.
However, secretly, neither of them wanted that incident to be forgotten.

Elyna quickly got a grip of herself. “From where do we start?”

Stiles was happy for the change in topic, scrambling around for the sheet of paper that they’d been given at school.
After he’d picked up the sub-topic, they worked on it.
Elyna worked on her own way, while Stiles followed his style, as if they’d done it for years.
Though they’d worked alongside each other even before, those were under stressful, tensed and life-threatening situations, not something as minimal as a school project.

There was something different between them and they both liked it.

They talked about the Japan and it’s early feudal system and often diverted to Batman or Princess Leah or Iron Man, and bits of laughter which was more often than not.