the one with musical history

twenty-five

🐺🐺🐺

From behind the checkout counter from the back of the store, Elyna Benston bagged up a CD and a vinyl, handing them to the customer, who smiled gratefully at her.

“Good work, Elyna.” George, came out from between the vinyl shelves and leaned again the counter, throwing a thumbs up at the girl.

George was an ex-musician. He and Stiles’ mom were co-owners of this store until she became too sick to continue.

And when she passed away, Noah Stilinski signed the whole ownership of the store to George.

George, however, never said what actually happened to Stiles’ mom and why Noah gave the whole ownership of the store to George.

He said that was something that she would have to learn from the Stilinskis themselves.

Having seeing George's saddened look, Elyna thought that it must have been very serious and it wouldn’t probably be fine to just look it up on the hospital database and it's patient history; she would have to learn from the Stilinskis themselves.

And probably she would, if even after solving the Kanima mess, she would still be Stiles’ acquaintance.

Elyna continued with her work, keeping the change from the customer in the register and making the counter look tidy and clutter-free.

“You’re by far, my best worker here.” George smiled at the teenager.

“Who are you kidding? I’m the only one who works here.”

“No, missy you’ve got it all wrong. Back in the days, when the business was blooming, I had like seven to eight people who worked here.”

Customers in the store were sparse and the income was low, but Elyna had made it clear to Gorge on her second day itself that she wasn’t here for money, she was here because she liked the freedom that her brother had given her and she loved music.

“You know,” Elyna sat on the chair behind the counter, tightening the strings of the guitar, “uh, would you consider keeping more instruments in the store? It might attract new customers.”

“I would, but the budget is really tight this month. I have pre-ordered some new harmonicas and trumpets.”

“What about ordering a set of drums? Teenagers love kinds of instruments that showcases their ‘cool dude’ attitude.” The Siren-Human strummed on the guitar.

“Really?” George rubbed his chin in thought. “I didn’t know.”

"Give it a thought, will you?" Elyna hummed and walked around to the section where guitars are kept and placed the guitar correctly in it’s position.

Suddenly, Elyna’s phone chimed with a message. She unlocked her phone and read the message.

Cutie Spazz 🦇
I’ll b  outside ur workplace in 10 mins. Come quick.

Elyna scowled. No matter what, she couldn’t bring Stiles to get inside the store and wait for her while she got ready for the rave. He wouldn’t step into the store at all. He said he would wait outside for her.

She turned to George and waved her phone at him with an apologetic smile.
“It’s fine.” He waved at her dismissingly, “It’s almost closing time anyways.”