Noboru's Year... Yes, I'm Doing It Again!

During New Year's Eve, Noboru, his parents, and El Quixote were sitting in the living room waiting for the countdown.

Mrs. Kodo: Noboru sweetie, you should go to sleep.

Noboru: But moooooom! I'm not sleepy yeeeeet!

Mr. Kodo: *pats his head* You sound so sleepy though! *laughs*

Noboru: Myaaaaaa.... *snores*

El Quixote: Oh my. 

Rocinante decides to sit on Noboru's lap and slap his face with his tail.

Noboru: ACHOOO! *rubs his nose* Rocinante! Bad! *pulls out a spray*

Rocinante hisses as he immediately jumps off of Noboru's lap. Noboru's parents just laughed as the dad turns on the TV. There, Paruko is announcing the countdown with a random TV reporter.

Paruko: Whenever there's something weird in this story, Paruko Nanana is here to report it!

TV Reporter: Well, the only thing that is about to happen is that the end of the year is upon us!

Paruko: That... That sounds super ominous, dude.

TV Reporter: I used to be a part of the occult. 

Paruko: Dude...

TV Reporter: Girl...

Takosuke: Takochuu...

There was an awkward silence between them, to the point Noboru could hear Ikazuchi yelling in the background.

Ikazuchi: LET ME WIN THE LUCK RAFFLE THIS YEAR!!!!

Noboru: Was that-

TV Reporter: AAAAANYWAYS we are are down to our final minute!

Paruko: So ominous- wait are those shooting stars?!

TV Reporter: Wait where???

The camera pans to the sky, where a meteor shower starts to appear.

Paruko: It's a New Year miracle! 

TV Reporter: Well looks like we're ending the year with a big bang! *laughs*

Paruko: Seriously stop being so-

TV Reporter: Oh! Ten seconds left! START THE COUNTDOWN!

Everyone begins counting down. Noboru smiles at his family and his Buddy as they all counted down the last 3 seconds.

Mr. & Mrs. Kodo: Three!

El Quixote: Two!

Noboru: One!

???: MYAAAAA!!!

Noboru: Eh?

Fireworks were being released into the sky as the new year has arrived. People cheered, Ikazuchi cursed out loud, and the meteor shower SOMEHOW TURNED INTO A GIANT CAT?!

Noboru: *rubs his eyes* I'm getting sleepy for some reason...

Mr. Kodo: Well, looks like we'll visit the shrine first thing in the morning.

Mrs. Kodo: Good night Noboru.

Noboru: Love you mom. Love you too dad... *SNORES*

- THE NEXT DAY - 

Noboru: *wakes up* Nyaaaa~!! Man, that was a nice nap, nya. *rubs his eyes* Huh? Why is everything... So big, nya? Wait, nya?

Noboru tries to get off of his bed, but he falls onto the floor face first.