Chapter 48

Sean's POV

"Make it fast! We have to reach the police station as soon as possible. That stupid girl is alone there." Vince entered and dragged me out of the house

"But I haven't told Lydia yet. I was looking for her but she is not here. Richie's driver came and took the kids otherwise I would have left them alone thinking that she is in the house." I said and sat in the car.

"Where is she then? Did you check washrooms?" He asked and started driving recklessly.

"No, she is not in the house. Slow it down." I said.

"I can't take the car slow now. Where Lydia can go now at this time?" He asked. Ruffling my hair in anger, I remembered what I said to her.

I said her to... Go away.

Oh god! Did she actually...?

"We fought last night and I..."

"We reached. Come on, let's find Lisa." He said and with haste he alighted from the car. I followed his suit and banged the door in anger.

Anger... Mostly directed towards me.

"I don't know what she thought herself to be to take this risk. I so want to direct my anger on her but I am trying to control, which I can hardly do." Vince said as we ran to go inside the police station.

"Sean!" I heard Lisa's voice and turned around.

"Lisa? I thought you were inside the safety of police station. Why are roaming around in the midnight woman!" Vince shouted at her.

"And that concerns you because?" She asked him in arrogance.

"You..."

"Guys! We are here for some reason." I said while glaring at both of them and they were looking at each other in anger.

"Yes... I am afraid they were trying to bribe the police so I used Martin's name. I said them they are involved in murder case of Richard Martin's wife's parents. Poor siblings will stay here overnight. You can enquire them on special request if possible." She said and I smiled at her gratefully.

"Thank you so much!" I said.

"Where is Dia?" She asked and that made avert my eyes.

"I... Maybe with your brother." I said but I felt too ashamed to meet her eyes.

"Maybe?" She asked in confusion.

"I might have... I mean we had an argument last night and I might have asked her leave me alone. I think she went at your brother's house because I can't find her at mine." I said hastily.

"What? No... She is not with Liam. I just called him to inform him about this and she didn't go there otherwise he would have informed me. And what the hell do you mean by you asked her to leave you alone? Did you ask her to leave you permanently?" She asked with a tinge of anger.

"Yes... At that point of time, she did something that got me angry and I told her that and many things." I clarified.

"God! I have to admit that you boys are stupids! First that Kian, then Richard and Liam and now you. What is your problem? Why are you so confused? When she was running away from you, you dragged her back in your life. When she confessed everything to you... You and your sister accepted her and supported her. I was so happy that she got you in her life... You supported her, understood her and even accepted her faults. And now when time was taking basic examination you left her alone? How could you! Do you know what she tried to do for the proofs? She went to Marcelo's house this morning to beg him to convey where Agatha is! She was trying so hard to find the proofs and you! You just abandoned her!" She shouted making me shocked at this new discovery.

"What? She... She went to..." I stuttered.

"Yes! You idiot. I can already see you regretting in future. You might have broken her spirit to fight for you and your relationship. Do you think she will ever trust you? Never! And I want her to make you suffer." She said angrily while I was just standing there like a statue grasping the meaning of her words.

"Leave me! You bitch... I am not leaving you. My son will not spare you. Just you see." We heard some shouting from behind.

"Sir... Just take her away!" I turned as I heard Lydia's voice. Her face was blackish in place and she was sweating as if she just fought a boxing match.

"Dia!" Lisa shouted and ran towards her. We also followed her.

"Ahh! The druggie twin came. Did you like the drugs we gave to you? They were the best right?" The lady whom I assume to be Agatha asked.

"Very much. I used to be afraid of you but today I am not. By the way, your best drugs have been caught by police and your men and that lady who used to bring those drugs are in prison. Go... And join them." Lisa said.

"Ohh... Your son and daughter are also waiting for you. Agatha, come on. Let me also see how they are. And I can also give this proof to police." The man without uniform said.

"I will just come." He said to Dia to which she nodded.

"Who is that man?" I asked Dia directly.

"He is Marcelo. Lexi's biological father and the one who helped me with the proofs. Finally, your parents will get their deserved justice and everyone whom she killed will also get the justice. Lexi's mother, my mother, your parents... Everyone will get what they deserve." She said looking at me with unavoidable pain. The pain in her eyes hammered my heart, and then the regret and anger just emerged from within.

"But... What happened to you? Why are your hands burned?" Lisa asked Dia and that finally drew my attention to her hands which were severely affected with burn marks.