Chapter 40

Lydia's POV

Devastated.

That is what I am feeling. With so much complications, I started feeling that life is still good. I have one person who can make me smile when there is no reason to do so. The one who understands me. Life was beautifully complicated but now it's like everything came crashing down on me.

While packing my stuffs in our room, I couldn't stop my tears.

"How can he do that? I am taking you away from here." Liam said angrily as soon as he entered leaving me shocked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and wiped my tears.

"That bastard husband of yours called me to take you from here. He was in so much hurry to marry you and leaving you." Liam's words made me look at him in anger.

"He is not leaving me!" I snapped at him.

"That I can see. He called me and said 'take your sister away from here'." He said and closed the zip of my suitcase.

"He is just angry. And this is my house, I am not going anywhere." I said and snatched the suitcase from his hands.

"Then why were you packing the luggage?" He asked in disbelief.

"To shift in another room, why else?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"But he wants you go from here. I am not going to let him disrespect you anymore. Come with me." He said.

"You can disrespect your wife but you are arguing over my respect? And anyways you wanted freedom right? Then enjoy it as I am not going to bother you with my problems." I said in a mocking tone and went to Lexi's old room.

"Dia! You have gone blind in love to not see that he does not want you in his life." He said while following me.

"He wants and needs me. Sean can never live without me and I trust our love. The mistakes which I made in the past will not be repeated. But aside from being my love he is also a son to his parents. Right now he is fulfilling his duty as son and I will not stop him. I will wait for him and that is final." I snapped at him making him look at me in pity.

"Don't pity me! I am proud of my husband. He supported me and forgave me for all the hideous mistakes I have made in my life. My selfishness changed his life, he became orphan and he had to give up on his dream but he still tried to understand me. He still tried to find something good in everything. He always said that nothing is my fault when I already knew it was my fault. Let me say you Liam, even if you try a thousand times to be like him you can never be." I said while he just bowed his head down.

"I agree but now the scenario is not hood for you to stay here. Come with me please." I shook my head.

"No... I will stay here." I said in determination.

"But he don't want to see your face. Please let us go." I shook my head in denial.

"If he don't want see me then he will not. I will stay here and without coming in front of him I will try take care of him as much as I can." I said.

"But I can't see you like this Dia. You are lifeless it seems." He said painfully making me feel conflicted.

"No... I am not lifeless. I have hope that my marriage will be garden of roses once again and all the wounds will heal very soon." I said and smiled.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes. Go and take your freedom now. Even Lia is set to divorce you. Just imagine, no one will stop you from your much awaited one night stands. Lia will not be there in your life and you will be free. So just go and enjoy without extra baggage." I said while smiling lightly when I saw his face went dim when he imagined everything I said.

"But that fight is mine to tackle. Don't interfere in my marriage as I am not allowed to meddle in yours." He said in a diplomatic way making me smile even more.

Good! No denial but no acceptance either is a good progress for an idiot like him.

"When did I meddle? I am saying you the advantages of this divorce." I said casually.

"Ohh... So you are trying to make me feel guilty? Let me say you, I am not guilty of whatever I said. Those were very honest words I have ever said." He said making me sigh. Too early to call this as progress!

"Just go and do whatever you want. Anyways Lia is an amazing girl and many guys will be interested in her after you divorce. She will be leading a fabulous life." I said.

"Yes... As if I am not an amazing guy and will not have a fabulous life." He muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

"No... I mean, don't you remember Darren? After your divorce I am planning to set her up with him. Such a decent guy for decent and innocent Lia." I said while smiling slightly as my brother glared on the ground with his palms turning into fists.

"Why not let her decide on her own. Why you have interfere when it's not your decision. And anyways, she will heartbroken if I divorce her. I don't think she will want to move on that fast. And her brothers will never allow that guy near her." He said while trying to act casual but as his sister I know he is nervous and tensed.

"You are right. But still she must know what options she has so she will be prepared to handle her life ahead. Darren is our friend and Sean trusts him. Even Siana knows him so it will not be hard to convince Martin Brothers." I said and picked my suitcase to put it on bag and started arranging my clothes in the cupboard leaving my brother to think on his own.