Chapter 26

Hello! please like, comment and share guys. And this chapter is not at all edited so please point out if you come across some mistakes. If you like my novels then support me, follow me and teach me.

Love you guys!

******

Flashback continuation

Lydia's POV

"I can't do this. Getting married to Sean is like deceiving him... I... Lisa, what should I do? It's all because of me his family is shattered, he couldn't be a doctor, his dreams and happiness was taken away by me. I can't..." I started shaking as though my brain has no perfect coordination with my body. Running around everywhere, I thought what he might go through if he knows the truth behind his parents' death. And Siana... she will just stop talking to me.

Why? Why I didn't reveal my identity back then?! why I didn't warn them of the danger lurking upon them because of me! Now my temporary happiness is turning into lifetime regret. Regret... which I will have every time I will see my face in the mirror, which I will have every time I think of achieving happiness. God! Why do I have such an abnormal life?

"Stop it!" Dad shook me violently as anger and concern was clear on his face at my state.

"Stop tormenting yourself for the things you didn't do Lydia. Loving someone is not a mistake. You did what you did to live in your dream and it's fine. It's actually okay. I admit that things rolled around differently than you imagined, but you didn't intend to make that happen. It's my mistake that the person I loved was not worth it and the person who loved me I couldn't love her. My mistakes affected my kids the most. And my regret can't be compared to any other regrets right now. But still I am calm... you know why? Because I promised myself that from now on none of my kids will suffer because of me. You are not be blamed here my baby... I am. All of this happened because of me. if and only if I took my Mom's words seriously then I would not have been standing here waiting for kids' forgiveness. Don't do this to yourself. Communication is main key and I understood it too late. If you get scared of the outcome like this without trying to make it work you will regret it. Just like me. Lydia, fight for your love and happiness my dear daughter. If you give up without fighting then you will lose yourself." Dad wiped my tears off and hugged me. As I cried in his arms, I realized that this could be my future. I might be like my Dad if I don't try.

"I will not give up. if I give up now I will have more regrets than what I am having now. But I don't know what should I do now? I can't do this wedding... not.."

"Why can't you? Is my love not enough to ease whatever insecurities you have? I can feel the way you withdraw yourself from me but listen this. And listen very carefully. I love you and I will try even harder to make our marriage work. Five years ago I gave up on you without giving a fight, without realizing the truth. I didn't contact you and created a vile image of you in my mind. And you know what? Even that vile image couldn't erase my love for you. Kian and I did the same mistake of not communicating and understanding our partner's circumstances, but repeating those same mistake will only worsen our future happiness together. As you just said, you won't give up on me then prove me. Get married to me. Afterwards, we will face whatever we must face. And if you still resist then... I am going to find one of my beautiful student and get married to her today itself!" I glared at him as soon as he mentioned his so called 'beautiful student'.

"The hell I will let you marry those bitches! You are custom made for me and only I will marry you." He smirked at my jealousy and raised his hands in the air. I left my Dad and jumped in his arms.

"Let's get married without a further ado. And before you put a but, I order you to not say anything other than your vow. rest all the talks can wait. Please?" He pouted in stupid way making me laugh. I nodded while blushing.

"Though I don't like you, but you are my would-be-wife's Father. And I didn't call Liam for our wedding as he will make a fuss over that... so would you do the honor of walking your daughter to the aisle?" His face remined stoic while talking to Dad.

Dad emotionally nodded his head and gave us blessings. He didn't talk much because I think he feels guilty for Sean and I.

"Okay... Brother-in-law and Dad, please wait at your respective positions while I correct my sister's make-up. Though I don't know much." I chuckled as both of them went out.

"Dia... You deserver this. You deserve him. Let everything go and focus on your marriage." I nodded and hugged her.

"But today everything that happened was so cliche' right? Dad giving emotional speech, Sean doing the same... It felt like I am watching some 90's romantic movie! And the way Sean talked to Dad was amazing. Though I forgave Dad, but seeing Sean giving cold shoulder to him was so satisfying!" I laughed and nodded.

"Actually, now I feel like we can have a normal family... if only Mom could see this change in Dad with her own eyes. You know all this while I always cursed Mom for not divorcing Dad, but today I feel he could have been a great Father all these years. But that doesn't mean I forgive him. He should suffer a lot for my forgiveness. And Liam. His hardest and angriest child is not easy to please. He will surely suffer the most while earning the forgiveness of Liam. Gold bless him." I said while applying mascara.

"Good lord! Have you thought what will happen when Liam will know about your marriage?" Fuck!