Chapter 25

Lydia's POV

"That's it! I can't wait for more days. I have to confess everything with Sean... It's killing our happiness slowly." I snapped at my twin.

"Dia... Vince is trying to take out the information. Dad..."

"Don't say him that. He does not deserve to be one. All this happened just because of him!" I interrupted her while glaring.

"Dia, you are overreacting. He already explained his side of the story. Just believe him for once okay?" I shook my head as I heaved a mocking sigh.

"Yes, he did. And seriously I still feel that he is responsible for everything. Even if the sword was not in his hands... He is the sole reason." He, who I would never call a Father ever.

"Dia..."

"You know what? For once I can understand him, but I don't get it. How can you love someone truly if you don't know their nature?" I closed my eyes in frustration thinking about the shocking events.

Flashback to the day of the wedding.

"What?"

"No!"

The moment I veered around, my eyes met with the person I hate the most in my life. The sole reason for every misery of my being.

The so-called 'Father'.

"What are you doing here? You should rot in prison for your whole life!" I spat angrily.

"I didn't kill them! Lydia, my beautiful daughter please believe me." I scoffed.

"Your? Beautiful daughter? I think we are not on the same page dear Father. Last time I heard you saying that you hate me... Well, the feelings are mutual." I went to move out of the same vicinity as him.

"Lydia believe me! I didn't do anything. I can never kill someone!" I turned towards him sharply.

"Really? Then who killed Mom? Please just save this. I don't understand how you are no inside the prison after the hideous things you have done, but don't act in front of me. If you even try to make things difficult for us... This time I will kill you myself!" I threatened him.

"Lydia! He didn't kill Mom. You are misunderstanding. I was there at home and I know he didn't kill her. When we reached in Mom's room she was already dead." Lisa said making me confuse.

"Then... Who did? What exactly happened that day?" I looked at both of them.

"Umm... I was sitting in the dining room having my soup while he was in the kitchen making something to eat for himself. He threw what Mom made and went to cook himself. After half an hour we heard a thud. So we ran to check... That's all I know." I looked at him.

"The question remains the same. Who killed her? And also what happened to Lisa?" I asked directly to my Father.

"I don't know! Yes, I hated your Mother because she was more of a burden than a life partner. She was not my choice, I never wanted to have kids with her. But somehow I ended up having you all. I thought she drugged me during her pregnancy both the time. Recently, that guy... Vincent gave me the evidence that your Mother didn't do it. It was Agatha, my... my girlfriend. We. Um mm"

"You were cheating on Mom all this time?" Lisa asked him in frustration.

"Yes. I... I did that. That day, when I got arrested she ran away. I have not seen her since that day. And up to this day whatever, I did the mastermind was her." He said embarrassed at his deeds.

"She said you to fake kill, Lisa? She said you to make me divorce Lexi and Kian? She said you to make my teacher rape me? She said you to threaten me to break up with Sean? Dad! Don't you have the mind of your own? Please don't make a fool out of yourself. You did everything because you wanted to." He shook his head.

"No... I mean yes to a few things. But I never said anyone to rape you. I was just greedy for money. And about fake killing Lisa... I got the knowledge of this thing on the way that day. I had no choice because I already threatened you both about that. And it was again out of greed. But I swear I didn't kill anyone." I looked with a hateful stare.

"Then who did that? I got the message of their death from your phone. You sent me the picture!" I said.

"No... I didn't even know about them being dead till today. I never sent any message! Lydia, I swear. When I got arrested, my whole base was cleared up my Agatha. She took everything and ran. Even the police didn't press charges of murder. I was just a smuggler. Not a murderer." I looked at him.

"Then what exactly happened on that day?" I asked.

"Liam hit me so I was still recovering from my injury when someone kidnapped Lisa, that what I thought. Agatha was overly frustrated, distracted and uncaring. That day, I turned in on the base after so many days. The moment I reached there the whole place was vacant. They made one more secret way to take everything out. When everyone came, I was all alone. Angry and confused. That was what happened. I don't know where my men are now. That bitch... Agatha also left no traces. Yesterday, Vincent came to the prison to give me evidence and also with the approval letter from the judge to let me leave for your wedding." I looked at Lisa silently asking if I should believe him.

"I think we should now know the whole story of everything that happened behind our backs. Don't just jump on the conclusion Dia." I bobbed my head without thinking.

"Lisa... Ask Vince to dig out the information of this Agatha. And also who killed Sean's parents and Mom. I want to know everything about this. And please ask him to do this as soon as possible." I said to Lisa and then turned towards Dad.

"And you. Don't ever think about me forgiving you. You don't deserve this after everything that has happened." He lowered his head in shame.

*****

Right now I enjoy watching K-dramas. Who else loves K-dramas? Mention your favourites and I will also watch those!💖💖😺