Chapter 35 - Countdown

Start from the beginning

Lydia chuckled. “Just you’re everyday occurrence.” I felt a dull, but sharp pain in my chest that made my hand shoot up and cover my heart on reaction. “Anna?”

“Kira did it.” I stated through a deep breath and immediately grabbed my phone and started a 45-minute countdown. “It’s started. You should get out of here.”

“You don’t think you’ll lose control straight away do you?”

“Honestly I have no idea. I feel fine and I think I’m freaking out about Scott a little too much to lose any humanity, but…”

“It happens suddenly, got it.” Lydia nodded before exiting the basement and closing the door.

My phone chimed indicating a text and I looked down and smiled. At least Liam listened to me.

They just took Scott away in the ambulance, we’re on our way to the hospital. –Liam.

All I could do was sit and wait.

40 minutes.

The first five minutes were the longest.

He was pronounced dead. They just took him to the morgue. – Liam.

35 minutes.

In the morgue with Mrs McCall. –Liam.

30 minutes.

Stiles is with Argent, contacting The Benefactor. Kira and I are setting up the camera footage on the laptops. –Liam.

25 minutes.

There’s a black out, Kira and I are on or way to the roof to see what the problem is. –Liam.

What? Where’s Stiles? –Anna

Watching the cameras to see if they come back on. Mrs McCall and Yukimure are outside to see whose entering the hospital. –Liam.

Be careful. –Anna.

20 minutes.

Liam? –Anna.

What’s happening? –Anna

What’s going on? –Anna

Liam! –Anna

“Hey, It’s Liam!”

“Thank, god, wha…”

“I can’t get to the phone, but leave a message and I’ll ring ya back ASAP.”

“Damn it!” I yelled as I ended the call.

15 minutes.

“Hey, hey, it’s Stiles! I’m busy doing stuff, but I’ll ring…” I hung up before listening to the rest of his message.

10 minutes.

“So what! I’m still a rock star! I got my rock moves! And I don’t need…”

“Liam?!” I practically yelled as I answered my phone, cutting off my P!nk ringtone. “What the hell happened? What’s going on!?”

“It’s fine.” He said, but clearly out of breath. “Kira just went down to Scott. We were attacked by Berserkers on the roof, but then they just walked away.”

“Kate must have recalled them, why is she there?”

“I don’t know, I never saw her. I’m looking for Scott and Kira’s mums.”

“Is Scott okay?”

“I don’t know, we have just under 10 minutes left, it will take Kira just under five to get to him in the morgue from the roof, but she should make it.”

“Alright.” I felt my heart rate steady a little. “You don’t know if the Benefactor showed up?”

“No.”

“Okay, I’ll ring you when Scott’s awake.”

“How will you know?”

“I’ll know.” I stated before hanging up and collapsing on the ground, looking up at the ceiling. I felt out of breath and I hadn’t even moved.

Kira would make it to Scott. She would revive him. It was going to work. Everything would be okay.

Of course everything is okay. You’re in a basement away from the danger. That’s what matters. You’re safe and when they let you out you can go back to doing what you should have been doing these past few weeks. Gaining power. Control.

“No.” I whispered.

Yes. You knew this plan would go drastically wrong. That’s why you didn’t fight Stiles when he locked you up down here. They think you’re on their side, that’s good. They’re right where they should be, but they don’t trust you completely. If they did you wouldn’t be here. You’d be with them. They’ll never trust you completely again and you know that. That’s why you never told them about Jake. That’s why you’re friends with Peter. He’s the only one that understands. He’s the only one that doesn’t hate you, wouldn’t hate you, because of what you did.

You can get him on your side. And then…

“No!” I yelled this time as I jumped up and gasped for air, feeling Scott come back to life.

I looked at the clock and watched as it ticked down the last remaining 5 seconds. That was the fastest ten minutes in the past 45.

I rang Liam, but he didn’t answer right away. It took a few rings.

“Hey, Scott’s fine, but I’m guessing you knew that. Kira’s mum was hurt by a Berserker, Kira’s with her now and the doctors. I think they’re ringing a chopper to have her flown somewhere, but she should be okay. Do you want me to put Scott on?”

“Yes please.”

“Anna?”

“Hey, Scotty. If you try anything like that again… ever… I will…”

“You really don’t need to finish that sentence, I get the picture. He didn’t show up.” He finally said.

“Wonderful, so it was all for nothing.” I muttered.

“Maybe not… what if the reason The Benefactor didn’t show up was because, who ever it is, doesn’t need visual confirmation… what’s one thing that knows when someone is dead without having to see the body?”

“A banshee. You think the Benefactor is a banshee?”

“Maybe, I’m just guessing. Hey what happened to you while I was out?”

“Nothing, I’m fine. But I would appreciate being let out, anytime soon.”

Scott chuckled. “Stiles is on his way. We tried ringing Lydia, but she didn’t answer.”

“She’s at the boathouse doing banshee stuff.” I stated. “I’ll see you at home.”

“Alright, see ya.” He said and then hung up.

I was waiting for another 15 minutes before Stiles arrived. “Sorry, I got every red light.” I explained as I gave me a death glare.

Another episode down. The next ep is a Parrish one so i'm excited, are you excited? :D