Right Timing (Billy Andrews)

Start from the beginning

She arched an eyebrow and I could hear the door opening behind her again.

"Y/n this is one of my students Prissy Andrews and her family," he said as though he had to explain himself but there was something the wasn't saying. He might have been able to hide it in his letters but he couldn't hide it in person. "This is my daughter Y/n."

Shifting my gaze to the Andrews I smiled at them and my eyes lingered on a boy. He certainly made an impression. He introduced them individually and all I could do was wave in greeting, keeping my distance by his side. "Nice to meet you."

I was confused as to why he was introducing me. It didn't take much notice to see how they looked at each other. But I would have to believe him when he said she was just another one of his students.

Nothing more.

~~~

I didn't realize a person could have two homes. Living with my mother for too long had made me forget. And just like another home, there was school.

When he had informed me I had been anything but ecstatic.

One of the reasons I had wanted to come to Avonlea was to get away from school work but my father, being a teacher, wouldn't have that. So the next morning I woke up earlier than I should have and was dragged out of bed.

Through all my protests he wouldn't hear it. He had heard enough complaining during his years as a teacher I figured he had gotten used to it. So it was no use putting up a fight. But I did so anyway.

As he called me and knocked on my door I didn't answer. I feigned sleep hoping he would leave me be and get on with his day. But he did nothing of the sort.

He hauled me out of bed and picked out my clothes from my suitcase. Hearing the door close behind him I began to change and went downstairs when I finished.

Seeing him at the door I realized I had missed breakfast and knew this day would not go well. For either of us, he knew I had to have some protein before I started my day. Otherwise, I would act out, especially to him considering how he woke me up.

As we walked to school I realized it was earlier than I was accustomed to. Maybe it was the fact he was a teacher and not a student, but he could have at least left me alone to sleep another hour. "I don't understand why I have to go to school.

My complaining seemed to get to him as I heard him sigh. Without stopping or even to look at me he said, "You won't get anywhere without education."

"I'm at the top of my class it will be fine if I miss school for a few days." He looked at me then with a skeptical look and I stopped talking. He could believe whatever he wanted but I was doing well in school.

As we walked in silence the rest of the way I saw Prissy's brother leaning against the wall. I didn't take him to be an early bird but as quick as my attention was drawn to him I was quick to look away.

As my dad opened the door I could feel his eyes on me and I wondered what was so interesting to him. Just as he walked through the door I heard a call of my name. I looked at the boy and back to my dad. "I'll be in in a minute."

He nodded and closed the door gently as I walked down the steps so I could be level with the boy. "I was wondering when I'd see you again."

His tone was flirtatious I furrowed my brows at him. I remembered I shouldn't be rude and smiled as I heard my mother's voice at the back of my mind.

"You're Prissy's brother, the one in the owl costume," I noted in case I was mistaken. He looked offended which was not my intention but it didn't bother me. He nodded and I didn't know what else to say. I didn't expect a conversation so early in the morning, especially with someone of no importance to me. "Did you want something?"