"Leif Lokison"

[A/N: UPDATED 2/2/2022. If this is your first reading this chapter (after this date) you can disregard the A/N at the beginning of "Perfection". ENJOY :) ]

__________________________________________________________

{SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2015 // 12:55PM EST}

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" Raven screamed loudly before falling back against the bed once more.

"One more, come on kid; you're doing great." Bruce said

Raven panted heavily, her forehead sticky with sweat as loose strands of her hair clung to her face. She let out one last determined scream as she pushed with all her might. The moment her muscles gave out she heard a small cry coming from down by her feet.

"It's a boy." Bruce said

"A boy?" Loki asked

"Yeah; you've got a little prince here." Bruce said standing up, Raven heard Loki gasp causing her to snap her head up sensing his nerves and fearing that something was wrong.

Glancing at the bundle in Bruce's arms she realized why Loki was nervous. Wrapped up in the towel was a little blue baby with a light layer of black hair on his head but instead of the traditional crimson Jotun eyes he had Raven's eyes. She loved the contrast of the blue skin with the hazel irises. A smile spread across her face as she reached out and grabbed Loki's hand.

"He is just as beautiful as his father." Raven said, as a single tear fell down his face and she could sense his nerves calming. "Hand him here Bruce." She said, reaching her arms out towards him.

"Hello sweetheart." She whispered to the little blue boy in her arms. "You look just like your handsome daddy, and mommy couldn't be happier." She said as she placed a small kiss on his little forehead; surprisingly she felt no frost like she felt when she kissed Loki in his Jotun form back on their yacht.

"Come say hi." Raven said, turning to Loki.

Loki leaned down and looked at the baby in her arms and smiled. "Hello son, I am so happy to finally meet..." His voice trailed off, the moment his hand made the slightest bit of contact with the baby's cheek Loki's hand began turning blue and the color was slowly trailing up his arm as he pulled his hand back, looking at his own hand in shock.

"It's okay Loki, no one here would judge you." Raven said, reaching up and placing a hand on his cheek.

Before Loki could respond the door opened and Tony and Thor walked in, Pepper walked over and gave Tony a hug.

"So where is the little..." Tony's voice trailed off when his eyes landed on the baby in Raven's arms.

"Holy sh...your baby is..." Tony paused and Raven noticed Loki tense waiting to see what Tony's reaction would be. "My god he is adorable!" Tony beamed as he walked over to her left side.

"Have you picked a name already?" Thor asked, walking up to Loki and patting his back.

"Leif." Raven said, "It's Old Norse and means 'Successor', I think it fits our little prince perfectly. Leif Lokison." She said, smiling up at Loki.

"It's perfect, darling." Loki said, leaning down and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I love you both so much." He said looking down at the now sleeping bundle in her arms.

Yesterday everyone had slowly come to say hi, see the baby and then leave to give Raven as much down time as possible, Odin and Heimdall would be coming to visit soon so for now it was just Raven, Loki, and little Leif, who was now sleeping in Loki's arms as they laid on the second bed that Bruce had brought in for him.