"Genuine Progress"

"I mean seriously, what were you thinking?" Or were you even thinking at all?" It was Bruce who spoke so harshly this time.

"That's uncalled for Bruce and you know it. Everything was under control; nothing could've gone wrong." Raven said, trying to calm everyone down. They had all been taking turns yelling at her for the last hour and she had had enough.

"I put him in restraints that stop ALL malicious magic. We just talked okay." Raven wasn't going to tell them that she and Loki kissed though; now probably wasn't the best time. "With this whole soulmark thing I figured it wouldn't hurt to talk to him. Maybe get to know him a little."

"You can talk to him all you want." Tony said "WHILE HE IS IN HIS CELL!" He yelled

"Yeah I'm not having this conversation anymore. Did no one even pay attention to the fact that he came back? AND he willingly went back into his cell once we got back. I think there is more to him then just murder and mayhem.." Raven said, standing up from her chair.

"None of you even realize that behind the mischievous, vicious, and treacherous mask there is only a vulnerable, tortured, and broken soul. You can't begin to imagine his pain and I refuse to sit here and listen to everyone basically call me an idiot for showing a broken man that he is capable of trusting and of being trusted."

Raven turned to leave before stopping to add one more thing before she left. "And if ANYONE has a problem with that then you can just lock me in there with him. This won't be the last time that I take him out of that cell so you better all get used to the thought of seeing him walking the halls with me." With that Raven walked out of the meeting room, only half surprised that no one followed her or tried to stop her.

She didn't normally stand her ground this aggressively but her short time with Loki had awoken a feeling in her and she knew that no matter what she would protect Loki with every fiber of her being.

Raven laid on her bed with her eyes closed as she tried to reach her mind out to find Loki's.

"Hey you awake?" Raven thought

"Yeah." There was a pause before his voice continued in her mind. "Are you okay?"

Raven smiled once she realized he was worried how the conversation went. "Yeah I'm fine. As a matter of fact we are actually going to start having more outings. Wasn't my original plan but I kind of told everyone it was going to happen and no one said anything so I figured fuck it."

She hoped that this news would make him feel better about the situation.

"So where will we go first?" Loki's voice purred in her mind and Raven could swear she could feel his breath on her neck.

"The kitchen. I figure we should start simple. No one has said I can't take you out of your cell but I don't wanna push them too much. So we will start by getting breakfast in the kitchen tomorrow instead of me bringing it to your cell." Raven smiled thinking about just how interesting that was going to be since she hadn't informed the rest of the team of her breakfast plans.

"I'm actually pretty tired so I'm gonna take a shower and head to bed" Raven said letting out a yawn

"Hmmm a shower; and which phase would I complete if I joined you?" His statement made her sit up in her bed, her eyes shooting open in shock before she closed them again and reconnected with his mind.

"What makes you think that would be a phase to my secret mission? Now stop with the dirty thoughts. I'll be there to get you in the morning." She said, just before she broke the connection Loki spoke one last time. "Thank you" and with that the connection was gone and Raven headed for the bathroom to bathe before going to sleep.