A Flash of Color

Y/N has a perfect life, well almost perfect. She had her dream job, six amazing friends and housemates, and a supportive family. The only thing she was missing was her soulmate. In a world where you can only see color when you are five feet away from your soulmate can become pretty dull if you haven't met your soulmate yet. The dull, colorless world is what y/n and her friends have been experiencing their whole life, they are even starting to think that they will never find their soulmate.

Y/N

I stretch in my chair as I shut down my computer for the day. The preparation for the debut of the company's new boy group has made the marketing and public relations department pretty hectic and everyone working overtime the last couple weeks, but today I was able to get off work at 3pm.

As I walk out of the company building I get a phone call from my dad.

"Hey dad, its 12am there what are you doing up"

"I couldn't sleep and I thought to call you to see how you have been."

"I've been good, I just got off work and headed home"

"That's good. Have you met anyone new, have you seen color yet?"

I couldn't help but role my eyes at this comment. I know he means well ever since my mom passed three years ago he has been constantly worried about me finding my soulmate. And me moving to Korea for my dream job made him even more worried about me finding my soulmate. I'm passing the coffee shop a couple block so I'm needing to get off the phone with my dad soon.

"No, I haven't met my soulmate yet and if and when I do you would be one of the first people to kno-"

"y/n. y/n. You still there?"

"Color... I just saw color."

"Really!? Are you still seeing color? What does your soulmate look like?"

I walk back to the coffee shop where I saw color, but all I see is black and white.

"(Sigh) No, I don't see color anymore."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know, I walked back to the coffee shop near home where I saw color, but nothing is happening."

"Oh, well if you are almost home I will let you go, I'm sure you are tired from all the late nights you have been working."

"Okay, I'm sure your tired too. Love you dad"

"Love you y/n"

I walk into my home that I share with my six friends; Michaela, Lauren, Sheka, Indica, Amy, & Chandler. All my friends are in the same boat as me, we all moved to Korea for work and all of our parents were against it and worried about us finding our soulmate, which I understand as all of us haven't seen color, well now most of us. All of them are gathered by the television watching a comeback performance of Enhypen's new song Blessed-Curse.

I sit down between Lauren and Michaela and they notice my somber face and both ask me what was wrong.

"I saw color but when I blinked it was back to black and white."

When I tell them this all their eyes almost shoot out of their sockets and start asking me questions. After I tell them what happened I decide to go to bed early.