VI • SOUTH KOREA • VI

•••

"We still need to figure out how we're going to be able to enter so it's best if we are all here in one place tomorrow. I request that none of you leave this house till then okay?"

"Yes! Thank you for sorting this out with us Jungkook."

"Alright, I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

"Wait!... Isn't Helen going to come with us?"

". . . Thanks, I'll surely consider that invitation."

"Alright!

Take care guys~"

8:00 PM~

Neither of them has spoken since the start of the ride. But Jungkook can tell they were waiting for each other.

Or... Helen was waiting for him.

Because from Jungkook's perspective, he had no other motive but to find a good way to get the truth out of Helen. Jungkook gave a slight crack on his neck while his eyes focused on the road.
He could feel her breathing heavily, a clear sign of nervousness.
From the right corner of his eye, he could see her fingers fiddling the handles on her bag. 

It was an awful silence between them... But Jungkook knew he had to start talking either way if they still wish to regain their peace as a couple. 

And so he muttered
". . . How are you, my love?"

"Fine, my love~" she softly answers 

"Good.."

"How about you, my love?" She asks "You look tired... How did it go with the Lims?"

"Actually," And there he was able to squeeze the subject in. "A lot happened today... But I'm glad I made the decision to go to that facility."

"H-... How come?"

"Yoongi had been lying to our faces," he breathes "Ever since we returned to Korea, he only confessed to things that never happened in the first place. However, he never mentioned the things that did happen. The cruelest one he completely remembers. I assume you know what I'm talking about since you have been in contact with the Lims for quite some time now."

"Is this about..." Jungkook slightly looked over the rearview as Helen asked "Kyeong Jeen?"
She was stuttering, slightly quivering which bothered him.
So he scanned the surroundings to see if there were any corners where he could pull over. Eventually, found a dark alley in between two condominium units. 

"What are you doing?" As Jungkook drove down the alley, Helen was surprised by the sudden turn. She proceeded to get farther within till their eyes could only see the whole darkness in front of them.
"Jungkook? Are you alright?"

The engine was kept on, but the headlights were off...

"Helen," Jungkook began to talk "Tell me what happened.."

"What do you mean what happened?"

"Tell me what you did to Ari..."