Chapter 1: Class 3-A

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

Bold- English
Regular-Japanese

Chapter 1

My nose twitched in irritation as I sat in front of my parents who were happily chatting with each other.

"Why so glum Lilac?" Dad questioned, sending a cheerful grin at me.

I chewed and swallowed my rice before meeting my dad's eyes, "Jet lag, I don't know how you two can be cheerful and energetic when we just arrived yesterday morning," grumbling, I rubbed the slightly darker circles under my eyes, "And why are we all suddenly speaking in Japanese?"

My parents both frowned before sharing a look with each other.

"Well, we are living in Japan now, and your father has to get better at using Japanese rights?" Mom chirped, though her warm brown eyes scrutinizing me carefully.

"You have at least two hours before school starts," Dad commented as he placed his dishes in the sink, his purple eyes looking over at my uniform that consisted of a grey skirt and a similar blazer, "It's such boring thing for my daughter to wear."

Mom was suddenly standing beside my father, looking at me with her dark brown eyes.

"And those circles underneath her eye do not look healthy," she commented lightly, placing a hand on her cheek in worry.

"We have two hours..."

Both my parents smiled, grabbing my shoulder with their hands.

"Dear, I'll get the circles covered, you do something with her uniform," Mom smiled as she took me by the hand.

Dad nodded as he went to search for the bag that held my other pair of the uniform that I had received.

The shorter woman known as my mother immediately took me to my room and made me sit on my bed as she pulled out a makeup box that was used for my previous work.

My two dogs, Jake the border collie and Roki the Australian Shepard followed us, laying down on the carpet on the floor.

"Mom, it's not really necessary. It isn't like I'm trying to impress anyone," I bluntly state as I nonchalantly look out the window.

Mom smiled at me, her white teeth peaking out of her pink lips, "That doesn't matter, it's your first day. And Konomi, you are my precious, gorgeous daughter, I want you looking the best."

My mother could be stubborn as my father. Although she seemed like a quiet, typical Japanese house wife, she was extremely strong and sharp tongue when there was something she disliked.

Yesterday, as soon as we arrived in Tokyo, my mother's stubbornness made me have a rather painful headache. Even though my father was stating she should rest after the long thirteen hour flight, she demanded she allowed to go out to see her younger brother, my uncle Tada. And she successfully did after threatening my father with a bone chilling smile.

And by the time she left my father was crying at me, saying, 'My precious wife, Misuzu has abandoned me!!!'

Now while Mom left me, she went to go see her younger brother. I've only met him couple of times, though I did have a clear memory of my mother's younger brother. He looked nothing like my soft featured mother....

"Close your eyes, I'm adding foundation to cover these circle," mom's gentle voice snapped me out of my mental thoughts.

Without hesitation, I did as she told me, softly closing my dull purple eyes.