"What's going on Chris?" He holds his hand out to me, wiggling his fingers for me to join him. I take his hand as he starts walking through a very darkened area. "Chris?" I stop walking and stand still.

  "Do you trust me?" I hear whispered against my ear.

  "Yes," I exhale and begin walking in step with him again.

  Another few steps and Chris stops, letting go of my hand. "I'm starting to get freaked out here, Evans. Where did you go?" 

  All of a sudden I am no longer in darkness as a spotlight falls on me. With a glance around I realize I'm standing on the stage we were previously watching earlier in the night. A turn to my left reveals a smiling Chris. "What's going on?" I ask once more.

  "Sing a song, Opal."

"I'm sorry, what?"

  He walks closer to me. "You heard me. Sing a song. This is your moment. No understudy role. You've got center stage."

  "Chris, this is quite possibly the most insane thing you've ever done. I can't sing here!"

  "Yes, actually you can. You've got two minutes to decide while I go get a front row seat," he says as he backs away from me, stepping off stage right.

  Pure insanity is what this moment is. If anyone from the earlier performance sees or hears me they will find this incredibly rude and a slap in the face to themselves and their profession. I can tell my anxiety  is picking up as my palms begin to sweat.

  "Ladies and gentlemen," Chris says from the front row, center seat, "please welcome, Opal Lucas."

  I give him a piercing look, refusing to move.

  "Babe, it's fine. I promise," he assures me.

  "Chris, I can't."

  "Yes, you can."

  "Chris."

  "Opal."

  I open my mouth to speak again but quickly close it, noticing now the look of pride that radiates from Chris' face.  I take the last couple of steps that place me directly center stage. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and begin to sing.

525, 600 minutes,
525, 000 moments so dear.
525, 600 minutes -
How do you measure,
Measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525, 600 minutes -
How do you measure a year in the life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love.
Seasons of love.

525, 600 minutes

525, 000 journeys to plan.

525, 600 minutes - how do you measure the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned,

Or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned,
Or the way that she died.

It's time now to sing out,

Tho the story never ends

let's celebrate remember a year

In the life of friends.
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Measure in love.
Seasons of love!
Seasons of love.