Chapter 3

"Thank you." You said to the chef after he served you dinner.

"So what do you do for work?" Steve asked.

"I'm a photographer." You said and started to eat. You moaned at the taste, "This is very nice."

"Yeah, Daniel is a great chef." Steve said. You nodded in response. Their was silence between you as you both enjoyed your dinner. "Tony never told me he had a sister." Steve said breaking the silence.

"Yeah. No one knows." You said.

"Why?"

You took a deep breath before telling Steve, "My dad was in the same business as yours. So when he had Tony he kept it a secret. But then after six years I was born. A few years later some of his enemies found out. They attacked and our parents died." You took a deep breath to stop the tears.

"How old were you?" Steve asked.

"I was 12." You said.

"I'm so sorry." Steve said putting his hand over yours.

"It's fine. I'm over it now." You said. "So Tony took over everything and he sent me to London. When I came back Tony insisted that I use my mother's surname. So no one would find out."

"That's very nice of him. He did that to protect you." Steve said.

"I know. Can I ask you something?" You said.

"Sure go ahead."

"Why did you say yes to protect me?" You asked.

"Because I know how it feels to lose loved ones when you're in a business like this." Steve said.

"You lost someone?"

"Yeah." He said. "My sister. She was just 18." Steve closed his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't need to tell me." You put your hand on his, which was on your other hand.

Steve gave you a weak smile. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." You said.

Nodding his head, Steve gave you a smile again. "Let's eat. The dinner is getting cold."

"Yeah."

Both of you ate dinner in silence. You had never shared this information with anyone. Especially someone you met merely twelve hours ago. But there was something about Steve that made you trust him. He had 'you can trust me' written all over him.

When you finished dinner, Steve took you upstairs to the balcony. "It's beautiful, Steve." You said when you saw the view.

"Yeah, it is." Steve said. You turned your face and saw him looking at you. Steve wasn't even looking at the view.

Steve's POV

I took Y/N to the balcony and just kept looking at how beautiful she looked. Even though she was wearing the same clothes she wore in the afternoon. I didn't look away when she caught me looking at her. Both of us just kept looking at each other. I had this weird feeling. I leaned towards her and surprisingly she leaned towards me too. Our lips almost touching.

Suddenly her phone started to ring. Clearing her throat she removed her phone from her pocket. "It's Tony." She said. Of course he had to call.

"You should answer it." I said and backed away from her.

"Y-Yeah." Y/N said. "Hey, Tony.... I'm okay. How are you?...... You reached safely right?......... Yeah it's nice...... It went great. We got everything sorted out..... Yeah. I'll call you later.... Bye." She ended the call. "He just wanted to tell me he reached safely."

"Yeah." I said. "I wanted to ask you something." I said.

"Sure." Y/N said.

"How about I take you to dinner tomorrow night?" I said.

"Are you asking me out, Mr. Rogers.?" She said.

"Only if you want to."

"I'd like that." She said and smiled.

"Then it's a date." I said. "I'll pick you up at 7."

"Fine with me."

I nodded my head and leaned down to kiss her cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast?"

"Of course." She said. I kissed her cheek again and saw her blushed expression.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

'Goodnight, Steve."