The Beginning of a New one

Start from the beginning

"Put down your gun, Son!" Micah shouted.

(F/N)'s hand throbbed as he clenched his fist, his ruined hand was searing with pain. He looked at Micah. He wasn't him, he had done what he did in the belief he was saving his family, not himself and not for money. "Say something Dutch! You owe me that! What did loyalty get me?! Say! Something!"

Dutch slowly shook his head, he looked as though he was slowly coming to a realization he thought he'd never come to, "I...I ain't got too much to say no more."

(F/N) was about to yell at him again, but Dutch suddenly turned and fired a single shot. Micah lurched back, as the bullet hit him, right in the chest. John pounced on the opportunity and elbowed Micah as hard as he could. The former outlaw fell to the ground as Dutch holstered both of his revolvers. Even Micah seemed shocked, "You shot me," he started laughing again, a sick smile appeared on his face, "You shot me pretty good."

Micah turned to (F/N) and raised John's gun, but (F/N) was quicker. He fired a single shot, the bang was deafening. Micah stumbled back again, (F/N) didn't even hesitate for a moment as he fired another shot and then another, and then another. He emptied his clip of bullets into Micah. He watched as his father's blood spilled all over the snow with each shot. With each bullet he fired, (F/N) felt like he was avenging more and more of the family he had lost.

Micah slowly dropped John's revolver, blood poured from his wounds and into the snow. He gritted his teeth as he turned from the group. (F/N) slowly lowered his gun, his eyes narrowed as he watched Micah take a couple of steps, casually shrug, and then collapse onto the ground. (F/N) knew he was dead as soon as he fell.

(F/N) looked at his old mentor. Dutch looked back at his old son. The pair stared at each other's eyes, and immediately knew where they stood. Dutch slowly walked past (F/N), he glanced at John for only a moment, but otherwise kept his gaze fixed on (F/N). He watched as Dutch slowly walked away, before he was out of earshot, (F/N) spoke, "Bye, Dutch."

(F/N) took a deep breath before walking over to John, and holstering his pistol, "You alright?"

John nodded as he stood up, "Fine," he glanced at Micah's dead body he slowly nodded, he wasn't proud he did it, but it needed to be done.

(F/N) took a deep breath as he looked at the mountain, Micah didn't even warrant his attention, "Charles? Sadie?"

"They're fine, but we need to get them both to a doctor," (F/N) looked down at his burned hand, "I think I might need a doctor to. Let's go get 'em."

John shook his head, and grabbed (F/N) by the arm, "Not yet...he said there was money...a lot of it."

(F/N) turned to the outpost and slowly walked to it. As he opened the door, he made sure it was empty before he walked over to a rather large chest. His breath was shaking as he got closer. He stared at it, he had a good feeling of what it was, "The money from Blackwater," he whispered. John's voice cracked through his focused state, "Come on. I have a wedding I want to attend."

(F/N) opened the chest, not knowing what to expect. As soon as he laid his eyes upon the contents, the air left his body. He had never seen that much money in his life. There was more cash than he could count and more gold bars than he could carry. (F/N) actually teared up as he grabbed a saddle bag and started filling it as quickly as he could.

John watched as (F/N) walked out, struggling to carry two bags filled with money. He smiled when he realized what this meant. The pair shared a laugh as (F/N) handed John a bag. Then they slowly started walking back the way they had came. Arthur's last wish was done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abigail and Mary-Beth were looking at the paths, waiting for any sign of the group. Every minute that passed was excruciating. But when Mary-Beth saw (F/N) riding down the trail she let out a sob of relief. Abigail stood up when she saw John and yelled, "Jack, Uncle, come out here!"