Chapter 26 - Banshee Screams

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Meredith, is he the one who stole from the Hales?” I asked. Meredith nodded as answer just as a sharp pain rippled in my side and I doubled over a little, clutching onto Jordan’s arm.

“Anna? What’s wrong?” He asked, but just as quickly as the pain had come it was gone. Scott had healed and was recovering.

“Nothing. Nothing I’m fine.”

“That wasn’t nothing.”

“Scott?” Stiles asked me.

I nodded. “He’s fine now. I’m going to try and ring him if, I can’t get through I’ll go and find him, you keep asking questions.” I stated as I left the room. Stiles and Lydia went back to their interrogation while Parrish just looked confused out of his mind.

I rang Scott and thankfully he answered on the second ring. “Hey, I’m fine.” He said right away, knowing why I’d rung. “I should of said something I know, but you were busy with Meredith and I thought I could handle it on my own.”

“Handle what?”

“Garret took Liam and he said I had to help him break Violet out while they were transporting her if I wanted to find him, but when we were about to intercept the van we found it had already been attacked. The berserkers were there, the Sheriff was injured, but he’ll be fine. They knocked me out and when I came to I was at the VET with a knife in my side that Argent ripped out.”

“Alright… that’s fine, glad to hear your okay…”

“You’re going to yell at me later, aren’t you?”

“Yes I am. Where’s Liam?” I got to the point.

“The Berserkers killed Garret and Kate took Violet.”

“So you have no idea where Liam is. Oh god, okay, I’ll come and meet you now.”

“No, I have Argent and Deaton, Derek and Malia are still out looking for the other pack, but if I need back up I’ll ring them, you need to get that key out Meredith.”

“Scott, I’m fairly sure Lydia, Stiles and Parrish have that covered.”

“Alright, but I don’t need any help right now, if I do I’ll ring or send a text. I’ll talk to you later.” He said before hanging up.

“Scotty!” I yelled a little to late. “God damn it.” I muttered as Parrish opened the door into the corridor.

“Everything alright?”

“Yeah, nothing our of the ordinary, unfortunately. Tell me does that belief that they’re indestructible, that annoying hotheadedness and need to prove ones self ever lessen as guys get older?”

He smiled and shook his head. “Nope.”

“Wonderful.”

“Hey, I’m not any of those things.” Stiles defended.

“Remember that time you skateboarded down a hill on your stomach with no helmet.”

Stiles looked at me with confusion. “No…”

“I rest my case.”

“Guys!” Lydia snapped us back to the task at hand. “Focus please.” She added. “Okay, Meredith, can you tell us his name?”

Meredith shook her head. “What does shaking your head mean? You don’t know or you don’t want to help us?”

“I… I can’t help anymore.” She continued to shake her head.

Lydia stood up. “How do you know about him?”

Meredith shook her head more violently. “Guys I think we better stop.” Parrish suggested and I couldn’t help agreeing with him a little.