Cas One-Shot

Dedicated to alonarose12

DON'T SAY THAT YOU KNOW

It's been four months since the last time you talked to the angel Castiel. You and he dated for nearly three years when one day, he practically flipped a table and freaked out on you and Garth.

You and Garth have known each other since college, in fact you helped him become a dentist and gank the tooth fairy. So you and him go way back.

Cas didn't know that, but you thought he did so you just never really told him. You thought that by the way you always talked with Garth and treated him like a big brother would point that out to him, but it never did.

Oh well.

You had no idea what was going on with Cas at all, but right at this moment, you needed him. Garth needed him.

Garth, Dean, Sam and you were hunting a wendigo, and those things are harsh. They're fast and they're brutal. The wendigo didn't capture any of you, but he got Garth pretty bad on the leg. You could see the bone and his leg was twitching horribly.

Garth was unconscious from all the blood loss and you were afraid of what would happen to him next.

"Cas, buddy, we need you right now," Dean said while wrapping Garth's leg up in his flannel shirt. "Really need you."

A sound very familiar to your ears came from behind Sam, and boom, there was Cas.

"Hello." Cas looked down at all four of you and his eyes landed on your teary face, and he slowly walked towards you.

"Cas, you and Y/N can make up later, right now we need you to heal Garth," Sam said in a worried tone.

As looked down at Garth and then back up at you. You were staring at Cas with wide, pleading eyes. He sighed and turned his head away from you.

"Damn, Cas, heal him. I'm not losing my best friend because you hate me!" You yelled. Cas then looked at you with a shocked expression.

"Best friend?" He said quietly under his breath. You barely heard it come from his mouth. Before you could say anything else, Cas kneeled down and touched Garth's leg.

Garth snapped his eyes opened and he yelled out in pain. Cas's hand glowed a bright yellowish orange that connected with Garth's leg.

Cas let go of Garth's leg and stood back up while Garth was feeling his leg and checking to see if it was still injured. It wasn't.

Thank you angel powers!

You smiled at Garth and hugged his neck tight while laughing with relief. Cas stood there looking down at the scene before him with a sad look in his eyes.

Dean and Sam stood up and thanked Cas then. Dean followed Cas's eyes and saw him staring at you.

"You know, she thinks she did something wrong. She thinks you left her because of her," Dean said and grabbed Cas's shoulder. "That's not the case is it?"

"No. I misunderstood everything." Cas stared down at the floor.

"Castiel?" A voice sounded from in front of him. A voice that he remembers very well.

"Y/N..."

"Thank you." You tip toed up to reach his face and pecked his cheek. You looked at him and then turned around to leave.

"Y/N!" Cas shouted. "I was wrong. I shouldn't have left. I misunderstood everything and I regret it all."

You didn't turn around. You weren't going to show Cas how much it hurt that he left you, how much it hurt that he was admitting he did leave you.

"I'm going to fight to get you back. I don't care who I have fight, who I have to impress, I'm going to get you back. And when I do, I'm never letting you go." The sound of wings then came and you turned around just in time for a single slip of paper to fall to your feet.

Don't cry, Angel. I love you. ~

Castiel