C H A P T E R 6 6

- December 29th, in BOLDNESS Inc., 4.00 p.m. - 

Bora's POV

"Hi, Mom!" I yelled in excitement through the phone as I was spinning myself around my roller chair in the office with Tae eyeing me from his desk.

"Hey, sweetie! How've you been? It's been like two weeks since you've forgotten your own mom, huh?" I could hear Mom pouting from the end of  the line.

"Mom! Don't say that. I was so into work and college that I'd always return home tired. I don't even shower and I hop straight to bed sometimes." I looked at Tae as I said the last part, to which he replied me with a disapproving headshake. 

"You dirty." He mouthed.

"Hush." I mouthed back.

"Aw, don't overwork yourself, Bora. It breaks my heart to see my baby tired. Who is your boss? Let me talk to him." Mom joked as I looked at Tae and snickered.

"It's okay, Mom. I can handle the stress well in work. So, what's up, Mom?" I asked.

"Oh yes, sweetie, don't forget about our family dinner two days from now, okay? Your dad is so eager to meet your boyfriend that he kind of forgets that the both of us will be there with him too. He's like 'Is Taehyung coming? You sure of it? Did Bora tell you he was coming to the dinner? Really? I'm going to squish his bread cheeks.' Sorry, Bora. Taehyung has gotten your dad's attention now." Mom complained as I laughed.

"Wait, what? Is Dad that excited to see him? What about me, though? Is he excited to know that I'm coming to the dinner?" I questioned through my giggles.

"If you feel like you're third-wheeling during the dinner, just know I'm here for you, Bora." Mom joked as I continued chuckling while sparing a glance at Tae who was smiling silently at me from his seat.

He stood up from his chair and stuffed his hands inside his pants' pockets and walked over to my direction as I continued talking to Mom.

He reached my office and leaned in towards me to place his face close to the phone call. He stood behind me only to encage me in his arms as he had them both placed on each side of me and I felt my heart beating 100 mph at this second at the close proximity. He opened his mouth to say something before I cut him off.

"Alright, you take care too, Mom! Bye!" I hung up the phone and craned my head to the back to look at him.

He looked at me in disbelief and threw his hands in the air with his mouth agape. "I was about to say hi!" 

"Too late." I stuck a tongue out at him and placed my phone onto the table. "Anyway, don't forget that you're attending a family dinner two days from now so please, free up your schedule on that day."

"Ah, New Year's Eve is always a holiday. I'm free for the dinner. By the way, what time is it?" He asked me as he glanced at his silver wristwatch which was right beside me as he still had his arms trapping me at my place.

"4.04 p.m.." I nonchalantly replied.

"I mean the dinner, dummy." He retorted.

"Night time." I shot back.

"Tsk. You very no fun." He stood back up as his arms dropped from my sides and I exhaled a shaky breath that I didn't know I was holding.