C H A P T E R 5 7

Bora's POV

I held onto his hand tightly as he shrugged off his shoes by the door pane and took the first step into the house. I followed his actions and walked into the house and the cold breeze coming from the hall's air conditioner greeted me as I felt goosebumps on my skin underneath my thin, white office shirt. Along with the coldness of the hall, I looked around the room and realized that none of the items here were cheap. I nearly tripped over my feet if it wasn't for him to tighten his grip on my hand after I realized that there were stairs leading down to the hall from the entrance, making me gape in admiration. I had never seen this kind of house structure before, but I'm not complaining, it was unique. Walking side-by-side with him, I went down the two steps and my jaw dropped at the sight of the hall.

The dim yellow lighting which sets a bedroom-like atmosphere, a white leather L-shaped sofa, a huge flat screen TV across from it, two white love seats couch placed at each side of the sofa, an aesthetic glass coffee table and a huge window at the end of the hall, overlooking the night sky of the city of Seoul. The hall was comfortably cozy and I could tell that Tae is the type of person that goes for simplicity mixed with elegance. There were not much things here in the hall yet, I am already internally complimenting every single inch of this room.

"Wow, Tae. I don't even need to sleep here and I could already tell that it would be comfortable." I said to him, eyes still darting around the hall.

"This is more of uh, a bachelor's style of living room. I am planning on adding more things in here once I'm married, 'cause you know, there will be children and there will be a lot of things needed by then." He scratched the back of his neck, flustered with my compliment.

"Uh huh." I absentmindedly answered him as I slowly walked over to the window and looked at the beautiful scenery of the city. I leaned over the window pane and rested my arms on it as I breathed in the night air and sighed out. Tae came from behind me and rested his elbow on the pane as he looked at my side profile. "Seoul is pretty, isn't it?" He asked.

"Very. I'm jealous you get to see this every night." I replied, still looking straight ahead of me.

He chuckled. "Yeah, well, we never know what might happen in the future and who knows that you'll be standing here in the same spot every single night, looking at the city?" He smirked when I finally turned my head towards him and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Very funny joke, haha, I like you." I slapped his chest, making him laugh.

"Come, I want to show you my room." He gently patted my waist. I stood back upright and followed his figure into his room. We walked past a few rooms along the hallway which I believe the other maids of the house were sleeping in, until we finally reached his room where the door was left opened and I could see a woman was standing inside his room with her back facing the door, making me frown. Tae had a brought another woman into his home?

"What's with the frown? You don't like my bedroom door's design?" He whispered at me as we stood by the opened door.

"Who is she?" I whispered back at him, eyes fixated on the female who was having her head down and her arms were working on something in front of her chest.

"Ah," Tae nodded his head at my question, "She is the one and only, Rin-ahjumma!" Tae shouted her name at last part and opened his arms wide at her in a introductory manner. Do Aerin, also known as Rin-ahjumma, turned around and flashed us a bright smile. She bowed at Tae and I as I returned the gesture formally. Okay, I feel bad for being jealous of her earlier. Rin-ahjumma looked absolutely breathtaking given her age that was close to her 50's as the way she dressed up was flawless. A black long-sleeved shirt tucked in denim jeans. She looked fit too.