C H A P T E R 4 0

Bora's POV

"Jina?" I  called her name just to ensure that I was indeed looking at her in real life, in BOLDNESS' washroom and not just from my imagination.

She gasped as she slapped a hand over her mouth.

"It... is you." She took a step back.

"Yeah, it's me. The Bora." I awkwardly introduce myself as she was cowering away from me, as if she was scared of me, but what for?

"Y-y- when did y-you come?" She stuttered.

"Uh, it's my first day today. I'm sure you knew that I got fired the last time you saw me here." I briefly explained to her.

'Because of you and your sinister plans.' I thought.

"O-oh really. Yeah, it's good to see you around here again. It's just that Mr. Kim never really mentioned about you here." She informed.

"Yeah, well he hired me again so here I am." I spread my arms out at her, which caused her to flinch a little.

She gave me a tight smile before bowing.

"I have to go, have a good day." And she left the bathroom in a hurry.

Huh, she didn't even bother to host a 'welcome back' party for her stepsis.

Talking about stepsister, was she aware that I am somehow related to her thanks to MY dad?

Nah, she wouldn't, she would have been meaner to me if she knew.

After all, she would most likely take over her mom's attitude because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so it would be bold of me to assume that she would be nice to me due to our ties as stepsiblings.

I turned back to the large-width mirror in front of me and retied my long hair, after rinsing the hair tie that fell into the sink earlier.

Jina's POV

Walking back to my cubicle, I suddenly broke out into cold sweat at her presence.

"Ji, you good? You look so pale." Hyejin, who was sitting at the cubicle beside me, placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Did you know that Mr. Kim had Bora back here?" I slowly turned my head to look at her.

"I did, just a few minutes ago actually, he was basically pulling her in front of us to his office. You were in the storage room just now when they came by." She explained.

I nodded at her, as my mouth was opened to take in some breaths, trying to calm myself down.

"Thanks."

"Not a problem," she grabbed a bottle of water and twisted the cap open, "Water?"

Looking at the bottle, I snatched it out from her grip and chugged the liquid down my throat as if I had never drank water in my entire life while using my other free hand to wipe off the sweat from my forehead.

I handed her back the empty plastic bottle and stood up from my seat abruptly.

"Where are you going?" She looked up at my restless form.

"Mr. Kim's office."

Bora's POV

"So, I just need you  to agree on one thing with me." Tae leaned closer to me over the desk as he was explaining to me about the strategies he'd made to recollect the missing files from Jungkook.

"Which is?"

Before he could answer, a harsh knock on the door resonated throughout his office, causing both of our heads to snap at the direction of the source.