C H A P T E R 6 2

- The next morning at Taehyung's apartment -

Taehyung's POV

I squared my shoulders as I scanned myself through the mirror in front of me. Long sleeved white dress shirt tucked in navy blue pants, untied blue tie that was hanging around the collar of my shirt and a nervous Taehyung looking straight into my reflection.

I looked down at my tie and began tying it as my right hand took one side of the tie and crossed it over the other side. While knotting the fabric, my lips curved into a small smile as I remembered about the confession and the kiss Bora and I shared last night which sealed our feelings for each other.

- Flashback -

- Last night at Bora's apartment -

She tip-toed while having her hands fisted in my shirt to get a better angle of my face before pressing her lips firmly against mine. My eyes widened at her bold gesture but in less than a second, I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me and another at the back of her head, relaxing myself in her warm, sweet kiss. Her hands then snaked to the back of my head and tilted her head to deepen the kiss. I could hear my heart hammering harshly against my chest as the unsaid words of love were poured into the kiss as I felt her pressed against my body.

We pulled away when we're out of breath but had our foreheads leaned on each other, panting lightly. My thumb trailed to her cheekbone and gave a gentle stroke to it as my eyes bore into hers.

"I love you." She said again, my heart bursting out of euphoria. "I love you, Taehyung-ah."

"I love you too, Bora." I whispered to her. 

We both stayed silent, trying to catch our breaths. 

"You have my heart in your hands. Please don't break it." I let out, more in a begging tone. 

"I would never." She replied as she smiled at me as she glanced at my lips again before looking back in my eyes. 

I returned the smile at her before leaning in this time and enveloping her lips into another small kiss. 

We then spent the night sleeping in her bedroom, just resting in each other's embrace with her head nestled in my chest with an arm lazily wrapped around my torso, while my arm tightly secured her waist. Without any doubt, I had no issue sleeping last night. No overthinking, no negative thoughts. Just a peaceful, quiet night.

- Present -

I exhaled deeply and walked out from my room once I was satisfied with my appearance to head to the kitchen.  Due to the jitters I'm feeling for the event in the afternoon, I just grabbed a green apple and considered it as my breakfast, although I was actually wanting to eat more than just the green fruit.

"Yah, Tae Kim, aren't you getting anything else to eat?" Rin-ahjumma voice boomed through the entire kitchen, startling me as my back was facing her, nearly making me choke on my apple.

"Nah, ahjumma. I think this will be good." I pointed the apple at her and wiggled the fruit in my hand.

She sighed. "You'll do well today, Taehyungie." She came closer to me and she gently patted my shoulder, giving me a small squeeze while at it.