C H A P T E R 3 6

- 3 days later -
- 11.15 a.m. -

Taehyung's POV

The three days went by fast since I've gotten the email from GOLDEN as today's the meeting and I'm not going to deny the fact that I am a little nervous about this although being the CEO of a large company, meetings had become a part of my work routine.

I sighed as I look at my reflection in the mirror.

My appearance seemed confident but deep down I was anxious.

I pulled onto my red tie to slightly tighten the knot at the collar of my white dress shirt and put on my black blazer carefully to avoid any form of wrinkles on it after spending about nearly 30 minutes trying to iron it smooth this morning.

I shoved my hands into my pants' pocket to ensure that both pockets were empty and only my phone was in my right pocket so  when I sit down.

We're talking about attending a meeting where someone who is willing to overthrow you to get something they want from it is going to be the host for it.

So, I definitely gotta look good as for a person who is going to do the same to him, right?

I called three of my staff members, each of them holding a high post in my company, where one of them was Jina, who's my assistant secretary to accompany me for the meeting.

It wasn't that I want her to come with me, especially after knowing her plans, but I didn't want to make anything look suspicious to her regarding the fact that I indeed know what she's trying to do to my company, and so, her presence is required for the meeting.

Plus, in the past meetings, she's one of the staff members whom I would usually bring with me to discuss matters with other companies' CEO's as she do propose good ideas for a project.

Let's ignore the fact that it's also because I was dating her and wanted her to be by my side the whole time.

She'll also be really excited to see her REAL boyfriend talking later.

I took a few deep breaths as I could feel myself getting tense with all of these thoughts running in my head.

"Mr. Kim, are you ready? You're taking quite some time in there." Jina knocked on the main door of the gents' bathroom.

"Yeah. I'm coming." I rasped out with my face that was wet with water after I continuously splashed some cold tap water on my skin to wash off the cold sweat that was forming on it, endlessly.

I didn't actually know why I'm this nervous, but it's more to having a bad feeling.

About what? I don't know.

I took a deep breath in as I convinced myself that it was just my jitters that were getting all up in my head that I'm starting to get paranoid and walked out from the fancy washroom.

Jina, who was leaning beside on the wall beside the bathroom, stood straight along with two of my important colleagues, Jaewoo, my distant cousin as well as my COO who held the position at the same time where I took over the company two months after he'd graduated from business school, and Minhyuk, my vice COO who's dad was a close friend of my dad.

Apart from Seokjin and a few other colleagues, these two guys are also one of the people who I cherished as my siblings as Jaewoo, gave me a lot of advice on how to enforce a proper management in the company whenever I did mistakes during my first few months taking over BOLDNESS with his business knowledge he learnt from university.