Chapter 20

🎆

Two weeks later

Thursday
08:58PM

Noah flops down on Josiah's bed, burying his face in the soft pillows. He's taking a break from studying. Josiah has been helping him study for Chemistry along with guiding him through his homework. They're back to how they used to be as friends, but there's still some obvious tension between them. Especially now that Josiah knows for sure that he's also sleeping with Adonis.

The two of them were shamelessly flirting and eventually got caught making out with each other by Darius at a small get together Josiah had organized last week. Everybody expected Josiah and Noah to argue, but they didn't although the rest of that night was quite tense between them. Luckily the alcohol and games they were playing helped get rid of that tension.

Unfortunately said tension returned as quick as it left when Valentine joined them later that night. Noah ended up leaving not too long after Valentine's arrival, feeling himself getting way too annoyed and worked up with the presence of his ex-friend. Those feelings only became worse with the way Valentine was being all over Josiah and the older guy wasn't saying anything about it. No amount of alcohol was helping Noah tolerate Valentine purposely trying to get under his skin with the shady remarks he was making and the way he kept touching Josiah and calling him papi.

Adonis brought him home that night and they ended up having sex once again that day. Noah swears he's sleeping with Adonis because he finds the other guy attractive, but a very small voice in his head tells him he's mostly doing it to spite Josiah. But it can't be because he doesn't have feelings for Josiah and they're just friends — something Adonis and him aren't. Adonis and him are sexually attracted to each other which is why they're really hooking up. They've been doing it since Josiah and him became friends again and agreed to no longer sleep with each other.

Has Noah heard about Josiah and Valentine still messing around and going on dates together? Yes, even though Josiah tries so hard to hide it. Noah has caught glimpse of the messages between Josiah and Valentine, he knows they spend a lot of time together and Lolani has been telling him all about the two because Anthony can't keep anything to himself. And it's not like any of it bothers Noah, he just hates that Josiah is so stuck on Valentine despite claiming to have feelings for him and wanting him. The thought of it makes Noah hostile because he can't believe Josiah got over him within a couple of weeks, even after getting pregnant by him, and moved on.

Perhaps Noah is being more than hostile, but he doesn't think he is. Lolani thinks he's jealous, but Noah knows he isn't. He doesn't have feelings for Josiah, never did, and he couldn't care less who Josiah is with. It's Valentine who bothers him. Although knowing that the older guy occasionally hooks up with other people besides Valentine irritates him too. But that's because he has his reasons, he believes. Lolani swears it's jealousy, but Noah swears it's really not that. If it was jealousy he hadn't suggested Josiah and him to be just friends and stop having sex. That's been going great.

For the past two weeks Noah has been hooking up with Adonis and not thinking about Josiah at all, though, he does cross his mind time to time. Especially during the sex and he has to fight the urge to moan Josiah's name. Sex with Adonis is great, Noah really can't complain, but he's no Josiah. And sometimes he wishes Adonis was because he does miss the sex he used to have with his friend. No one comes close to touching him the way Josiah does. Not even the guy he hooked up with last Saturday came close to how Josiah touches him.

The bed dips beside him and Noah turns his head to look at Josiah who's now laying beside him. ''I don't want to study anymore, Josie.'' He says in a soft voice.