Chapter 1

"I gave my trust, my heart and everything inside of me. Tell me how'd you pay me back? You made a fool out of me. Can't you see what you're doing? Left me broken in pieces.."

———

It's the very first week of college and Noah is laying in bed, watching a movie on Netflix. This isn't exactly how most college students are spending their first Friday night on campus, but he is. His boyfriend and him are supposed to FaceTime each other for the first time since they both left to their individual colleges. They haven't spoken in three days, though Noah did text him multiple times to see how he's doing and how he's liking his dorm and life back on campus so far.

Noah himself doesn't have a dorm, he managed to get an overly expensive apartment on campus instead. Dorm life just isn't for him. He's renting the apartment with a friend of his, Lolani. They haven't really spoken or hung out yet except for saying hi to each other and occasionally running into each other in the morning before leaving to class or when one of them happens to be in the kitchen. The two of them have known each other since the first week of college, Freshman year. They're both in their sophomore year as of this week. Lolani and him haven't really been talking. Neither have his friends and him. That's Noah's own fault. He kind of abandoned and ghosted them all over the summer to spend all his time with Princeton, his boyfriend.

None of his friends are exactly fond of Princeton. Mostly because they don't trust him, but also because he kind of has been forbidding Noah from a lot. No parties, no friends Princeton doesn't trust or like, always sharing his location and do not miss a FaceTime call or else all Hell breaks loose. Princeton is kind of the reason his friends took a step back and even turned their backs on him. The five of them haven't spoken in nearly two months.

Noah pauses the movie he's watching when his phone lights up with a notification. That must be Princeton. He picks his phone up and reads the message on his screen. It's a message from Princeton indeed, but it's not the kind Noah was hoping for. He pouts and unlocks his phone to text his boyfriend back.

Baby 🔐💍💕
Aye
Baby 🔐💍💕
Sorry for not texting u back and allat
Baby 🔐💍💕
Been busy with practice and stuff
Baby 🔐💍💕
I'm really tired and not in the mood to facetime
Baby 🔐💍💕
Can we do it another day? Tomorrow or Sunday?

Me
🥺
Me
This is the eight time you're cancelling on me this week..
Me
I really miss you and I really want to talk to you
Me
All my friends are treating me funny 🥺

Baby 🔐💍💕
I'm really tired and not in the mood Noah
Baby 🔐💍💕
Stop being pushy
Baby 🔐💍💕
Call your mom to talk or something
Baby 🔐💍💕
I'm going to bed aight

Me
Okay, sorry..
Me
Text me?

Baby 🔐💍💕
Gn

Me
I love you ❤️
Read 10:19PM

There are twenty four hours in a day, three days have passed meaning seventy two hours have passed and that's the only conversation they have had with each other. But who's counting? Noah is. So much for promising to text and FaceTime each other every day.

Leaving Princeton after spending the entire summer with him was hard. Noah cried so hard on their last day together. He cried even harder when he had to wave Princeton goodbye at the airport because he was leaving first. His boyfriend is attending college in a whole different state than he is. They considered breaking up after high school because long distance relationships rarely work out, but Noah insisted that they will make it. The years will fly by according to him. Before they know it they're back by each other's side every day and living in a penthouse in New York with a French bulldog.