37

I knocked on the door, Rick opened it. "Harper? What's going on?" I sighed and looked at my kids, then back at Ric, he realized what I was saying and invited us in.

"Where's Jo and Lizzie?" Chloe asked once we walked in. "Oh honey, I'm sorry but they're already sleeping." Chloe pouted and I kneel down so we both would be at same height.

"You can play with them tomorrow if you go to sleep right now." I told her and she smiled. "We're staying here?" I nodded and looked at Landon. "Where's daddy?" He asked.

"He has some business , you two go to sleep and he'll be here when you wake up." I replied and Ric showed us a room, we could stay at night. Once both of my kids were in the bed, I walked outside to talk to Ric.

"Now, what's wrong?" He asked rising his eyebrows. "I'm not sure, Kai called , telling me to go somewhere else, he sounded so nervous and just hang up on me." I explained to Ric. "That's-"

He was cut off when Lizzie and Jo came out "is it fixed yet?" I looked at the direction they were pointing, it was a broken doll.

"No and it's past your bed time, what are you doing up?"

"No!" They both exclaimed and ran away. We could hear their laughing but suddenly it stopped. Ric looked at me with confusion, then took a gun and went in their direction. I followed him.

"Damon?" I asked surprised, I thought he wanted to stay desiccated untill Elena was alive. Ric invited him in so they could talk and I took Jo and Lizzie to their room.

Once I went back downstairs I saw Ric and Damon ready to go somewhere. "Can you stay with the kids?" Ric asked and I nodded. "Of course." My eyes darted to Damon. "Rayna is back and using Caroline as a bait." Then both of them left.

I sat there doing nothing for hours. I called Kai several times but didn't answer. Suddenly I heard knocking. I quickly went to the door and opened it. "Hi." Kai said weakly, I rose my eyebrows and scanned his body. He was bleeding from the stomach.

"Kai! What is this?" I almost yelled, he came inside and closed the door. "I don't know where Ric's keeping the first aid kid. Kai shook his head. "I don't need it, I can heel myself." He rested for couple of minutes and then healed himself with a spell.

"So?" I asked, he rolled his eyes. "Where's the kids?"

"Sleeping."

"Okay, so don't get angry but something happened to the ......" He paused, I know it was a bad sign. "Kai?"

"Our magical cells stopped working and everyone the coven caught including Oliver and Josh are out." I gasped.

"What?"

"Josh kinda made his first move, trying to kill me, that's why I told you to leave the house, I think he knows about our kids." I shook my head. "No, Kai, that means ,he-" I panicked

"Hey, hey it's okay." Kai started walking towards me and pulled me in his chest. "It's gonna be okay, no one's ever gonna lay a finger on our kids, I promise."

Then someone opened the door with a key and came in. "Ric?" I called but Caroline walked in. "Harper and Kai." She exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? Haven't you seen Ric?"

"No, Matt helped me and I came back to take kids away and hide until all of this is over."

"That's a brilliant idea." Kai suddenly said and looked at me. "You should go with them and take our kids too." I rose my eyebrows.

"And leave you alone, Josh almost kill you today, what will happen after that and it's best if we stay together what if he founds our kids, do you really think we can hide from him?" I said all of this in rush so he wouldn't cut me off.