22

"What the hell did you do to her?" Kai asked when he saw me crying, Caroline beside me. "I didn't do anything." She replied. Kai rose an eyebrow "really?, Because she was just fine until she came to talk to you." He stated, then kneel down beside me and pushed Caroline aside.

"It's not my fault." She didn't say anything else, she knew it wasn't her place to say. I couldn't stop myself from sobbing. "Harper?" Kai asked, swiping tears from my cheeks with his fingers. "What happened?"

"Just take her home, she'll tell you once she's calm." Caroline answered. Kai started pulling me up. "Come on , let's go." He said, taking me to his car.

I fell asleep in the car. Kai woke me up when we went home. "Harper?, Come on, let's get inside." He said, shaking my shoulders. I opened my eyes and got out from my seat without saying a word.

"What happened there?" He asked once we entered the house. I kept staring at him for a while, then he narrowed his eyebrows. "Come on, you know, you can tell me anything." My phone buzzed. I looked at the text. "Oh my god, I forgot, I have to pick up El." I replied and was about to walk away but Kai stopped me.

"Not untill you tell me what happened." He said. "I, I-" "you what?, Harper?" Kai asked cutting me off. Tears came down from my eyes. "What's wrong?"  "I remembered everything." I finally blurted out.

"It was Joshua, right?" Kai asked walking closer to me. "He's the one who did this to you." I nodded. Kai pulled me in his chest. "I'm so sorry, Harper, it's all my fault." I shook my head. "It's not your fault Kai."

"Of course it is, he did this to spite me." I pulled away from Kai, "that's not the whole story." I finally replied. Kai rose an eyebrow, looking at me. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"He wasn't trying to kill me, Kai." My tears streamed down on my cheeks. "Seriously?, He beat you up, and you're saying-"
"Kai!" I interepted him. He looked at me. "He wasn't trying to kill me, he was trying to-" I couldn't finish that sentence.

Kai narrowed his eyes. "He was trying what?, Harper?" I closed my eyes for a moment. "Harper?" Kai asked in calm voice, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I was pregnant." I finally managed to say, my eyes still closed.

"He wanted to kill our baby and he did it." My voice broke. I opened my eyes to see Kai's reaction. He was frozen at his spot, not saying anything. "I'm so sorry Kai." I said and fell on the ground. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't stop him." I sobbed.

Then door opened and Mike walked in. "You!" Kai said when he saw Mike. He raised his hand and threw Mike against the wall. "It's all your fault!" He screamed at him. "You're the reason I wasn't there to protect them."

Kai kneel down beside Mike and started punching him. "Kai, stop!" I yelled at him from my spot but he didn't listen. I stood up and walked to them. "Kai, stop." I said once again but he kept hitting him.

"Kai!" I yelled at him and pulled Kai away from Mike. "It's not his fault." I told Kai. "You kidding, right?" He replied looking in my eyes. "He's the reason I was unconscious, he's the reason I wasn't there!"

I nodded. "I know but-" Kai shook his head. "But what?!" He yelled at me. I backed away from him. "You always defend him." Kai said in lower voice now. "Look, Kai." I said in calm voice, putting my hands on his cheeks. "I hate him for what he did to you but He didn't know what was gonna happen, he didn't know about Joshua-"

Kai shook his head and shoved my hands away from his face. "Screw this." He said and walked out. "Kai." I called him. "Kai, wait." I called again but he didn't turn back. I fell on my knees. Tears streaming down on my face.

Mike stood up and started walking towards me. "Go away." I said, not looking at him. He didn't listen and kept walking. "I said, go away!" I yelled this time. Mike stopped at his spot. "What did I miss?" He asked. "What happened? Why was Kai so angry?"

I stood up and turned to face him. "This is Kai's house, so get out." I told him, pointing at exit. I could see from his expression, he was hurt. At last Mike nodded and left.

After couple of hours there was a knock and I desperately wanted it to be Kai. I opened the door and saw Caroline and El. "Oh, my god." I said looking at El. "I forgot to pick you up, I'm so sorry." El walked inside and hugged me. "Caroline told me you got your memories back." She replied happily. I nodded.

"Harper? You okay?" Caroline asked once El went in another room. I started crying again. "Hey, it alright." She said and tried to pull me in a hug but she wasn't invited. "Uh, Kai has to invite me in." She said awkwardly. I shook my head. "He's gone, Care." I replied and went outside so I could hug her.

She wrapped her hands around me and I did the same. "He left." I said, my voice broken from all the crying. "Hey, you can stay at my house, I don't wanna be alone anyway." She offered and I nodded.