10

"You're already leaving?" I asked Kai as he was reaching for the door handle.

"Yuh, unfortunately, I have places to be." He replied.

"Do you have a place to stay?"

"You'll be surprised, but yes I do." He said sarcastically.

"Okay,then." I mumbled

"Wait, if I said no, you'd let me crash here?" He asked

"I dunno, guess we'll never find out." I said with a smirk on my face. After Kai left, I got back to sleep, there was nothing important I needed to do.

My phone vibrates and causes me to wake up.
"Why do I always forget to silent my phone." I said to myself before answering.

"Hello?" I asked

"Harper." Kai replied

"What do you want Kai?" I said annoyed.

"So I have to tell you something but before I do, I need you to promise you won't get mad"

"What did you do ?" I asked him but knew it was something bad because he told me not to get mad.

"Nothing bad, just kidnapped your friend Micky here and tied him up."

"What?" I said in disbelief

"What? I didn't think you cared about him anymore."

He said like it's the most obvious thing.

"Just because I was mad at him doesn't mean I don't care about him, If you hurt him-"

I started but Kai cut me off.

"Look I'm not gonna hurt him as long as you'll do what I'm gonna ask you, I was going to ask you without any leverage but it causes me killing someone so I didn't think you would help".

"You though right" I replied

"Now you don't have a choice, plus it's not me killing someone it's just tradition of my coven."

"So you want to merge? But what do you want from me?" I asked confused.

"Well I thought you were smarter than that,"
He said and I could feel smirk on his face. "To the point, kai." I replied.

"I need you to bring Jo to me, I would do it myself but have others things to do specifically looking for a magical knife in portland."

"How am I supposed to bring Jo to portland?  when I don't even know what's she looks like?"

"Okay so answer to your first question is that you don't have to, I'll come back tonight. And she's in salvatore house right now.
So go over there and the one you don't recognize will be Josette" he explained.

"How do you know she's" I was going to ask she's there but he hang up on me.

I got up,dressed up and went downstairs.

"Blake what are you doing here?" I asked but knew why he's here, Mike's missing.

"I can't find Mike, he didn't come back yesterday".

I don't know which is smarter tell him the truth or not but if not he'll be suspicious when I don't go look for him with Blake.

"Blake Don't freak out but"

"What?" He said and I can see his hands are shaking, like I'll tell him he's hurt or worse.

"Look, Kai kidnapped him but"

"But?" He cut me off

"But nothing I'm gonna get my brother back and I'm gonna-"

"Hey" I said putting my hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"You can't okay, he is in Portland but he's not gonna hurt Mike I promise".

He looked at me confused but I can see he is more calm now.

"I just need to do something for him and he's gonna let Mike go, okay?" He nodded. When I'm about to walk out he stops me

"Wait, I'm coming with you." He said

I wanted to argue with him but I knew nothing would stop him when it was about his brother, so I just nodded and we went to salvatore house.

On the way I told Blake about the merge and bringing Jo to Kai exchange for Mike. I'm quite sure he didn't care about anything other than getting his brother back.

When we went inside the house I saw Elena, Caroline, Stefan , Jeremy and woman I didn't recognize talking. That's should be Jo I thought to myself.

"So the reason I'm not invited to this squad meeting is that Stefan vamp speed me away yesterday and didn't know if it was good idea to tell me" I said ironically. They all turned to me when they heard my voice.

"Sorry about that but" stefan was cut off when Jeremy spoke up "yeah that's because you were going to let the psycho go, who I may add siphoned Stefan and almost killed him". I begin to talk but then the woman I recognized as Jo started talking, staring at me. "So you're the one who helped my brother get out of the prison"

"Well not exactly, it's fair to say he is one who helped me, I mean he had everything he needed without my help." I replied

"Okay we don't have time for this " I heard Blake saying behind me.

"Time for what?" Elena asked eying me and him in confusion. "Why are you here?" I heard Caroline asking.

Blake started to talk and I realized I didn't tell him we should keep the information to ourself about bringing Jo to Kai because they would never go with this plan. So I cut him off. "We are here " I started, lifting my eyebrows at Blake " because I needed to know if you had any plans about catching Kai"

"Why do you care, so you can warn him?" Jeremy said as he started walking to me. "I don't think so".

I look around and saw that everyone had same opinion as him so I didn't waste any time. "Okay let's go" I said to Blake and before he could say anything I pulled him out of there.

"What are you doing we need to" he started as we got in the car.

"I know what we need, but hello? didn't you heard them? They aren't gonna help us, we need to kidnap Jo okay?" I told him and waited for his answer hoping it would be yes. It didn't need to get any more complicated. He nodded.

"And how are we gonna do that?" Blake asked me , lifting his eyebrows. I was thinking for a second than told him "well, when she'll be alone we're gonna drug her, tie her up and wait for Kai to take her."

"Where?" Blake asked
"I don't know, he'll call me." I replied.

And like he knew what we were talking about ,kai send me a text.

"I'm already on my way, so you don't have to miss me for long. Hope you got Jo ready for me or Micky here is gonna get hurt."

I didn't understand how could anyone be so funny and sweet one second and then so dark and vengeful.