26

"You alright?" Kai asked while we're driving to Portland. I nodded. "Hey, there's nothing to worry about." Kai said, putting his hand on my knee. I turned around to face him.

"Does it make me a bad person?" I asked, Kai rose his eyebrows in confusion. "That I want him dead, that I can't wait for him to suffer." I replied. Kai chuckled.

"You think this is funny?" I asked in disbelief. Kai shook his head. "No, no, it's just, if wanting someone dead makes you a bad person, I don't know what I am." I looked out from the window.

"You gotta admit, I mean, I killed almost all of my siblings." Kai added. "I'm a bad person." I turned around and put my hands on his shoulders. "No, Kai, you were a bad person but you're not anymore and what you did, it wasn't entirely your fault. Your family pushed you to the edge and you spent 18 years alone, I think that's enough punishment."

Kai smiled "and about what you asked" He started, looking in my eyes. "It doesn't make you a bad person Harper, not after everything he's done." I nodded.

"Harper." Joshua said with a smile when Kai took me to where he was holding him. "You don't get to talk." Kai replied, walking inside. "What are you doing?" I asked when I saw he injected Joshua with something.

"This will make him unconscious for a while, so I can put him with the others, where I'm going to, you know, burn them." I looked around and saw other people, there were about 15 more person. "There were all helping him?" I asked Kai. He nodded.

"Everything's ready, once they wake up, it's all gonna be over, and they'll suffer." Kai said. "How, how are you going to burn them?" I asked, Kai smiled. "that's the easiest spell."

"Oh, how sweet." Joshua replied, waking up. "Finally you have your own magic, but wait it's not even your magic, you technically stole it from Luke." He smirked. Kai turned around.

"You know, for someone who's about to feel excruciating death, you don't seem that worried, maybe because you're about to meet all of your kids again." Kai finished and chuckled. "Say hi to Luke for me." He added.

Then Joshua looked at me. "And you, I don't get it, how can you still be with him when he's the reason, you lost your kid." I shook my head in disbelief. "Now, you're blaming your sins to your son?" Anger took over Joshua's face. "Kai is not my son, he's an abomination, just like how his kid was going to be one, so I don't regret killing them. You know, it's actually on of the things I'm proud of."

After he finished, Kai did some spell to hurt him. "That's all you got?" Joshua asked ironically. Kai smirked. "You'll see all I've got now." He replied and started concentrating more on the spell.

Seconds later, Joshua's feet started to burn. Fire was slowly spreading to all over his body and face. We could hear his cry in pain. I couldn't watch it anymore and turned around, burying my face in Kai's shoulder. "It's okay, he deserved it." Kai replied. Rubbing his fingers on my hair. "They all did."

I was sitting on the couch. Kai entered and sat beside me. "You look tired, we can stay here tonight if you want." He asked, I nodded. "Thanks." He smiled and pulled me in his chest. I made myself comfortable and wrapped my arms around him. "I missed this." Kai spoke. I looked up at him and replied "me too."

"I'm sorry, I left."

"It's okay, you're trying to catch Joshua." I replied. He put his head on mine. "Just, don't ever leave me again." I added. Kai smiled. "Never" and kissed my head.