34

Kai's pov

"What are you doing?" Mike asked when he came in and saw me packing. "Going to Portland, it's kinda cold there you know."

"Why?" Zeke asked, walking in beside him. I turned around. "Because that piece of shit wants me to choose new leader."

"What? You can't, he's gonna kill you." Zeke exclaimed. "I don't have another choice, if I don't he'll kill Harper." I replied and rose my eyebrows.

"What if there's another way." Mike mumbled and both of us looked at him.

Harper's pov

After what felt like forever Josh finally came back. He looked furious. He took deep breath and looked at me. "Guess your boyfriend doesn't love you as much as he loves being in charge." I sighed in relief. That means Kai's still gemini leader and Josh can't kill him at least not yet.

"I'm gonna show him, I'm not playing games, when I tell him something, he's supposed to do it without any tricks." He replied and kept staring me. I narrowed my eyes. "Just thinking what part of you should I cut out and send to him." Josh replied with a smirk.

"What about a spleen?" He said with excitement "I mean it's ironic, he cut out Jo's spleen and now I'm gonna cut out yours." He finally finished. "Yeah, well you kill Jo so it'd be ironic when Kai kills you right." I said more like a question.

He let out a laugh. "First he can't find me here, second he'll be so shocked and scared when I send him your spleen, he'll do whatever I ask." Josh started chanting a spell and I screamed in pain. "Oh wait." He suddenly stopped. "I have to do it with a knife." He exclaimed and rolled his eyes, then left and came back seconds later.

"Right here." He started walking towards me with a knife. I tried fighting him but he did some spell and I couldn't move, I was paralyzed. Then suddenly someone came in and started fighting with Josh. It was Mike. How did he find me?

After minutes of their fighting, I could move again. Guess he didn't have enough magic to keep fighting against Mike and keep me paralyzed. So I picked up the knife, he dropped when Mike came in and stepped him in the back. He groaned in pain and I kneel down beside Mike.

"You okay?" I asked, he nodded and ask me the same. "I'm fine, we need to leave." I replied. "You need to leave, I'm gonna keep this guy here occupied until Kai comes."

"He knows where are we ?" I asked, he nodded. "Yes, I'll explain later." Mike added when he saw me about to ask something else, I nodded. "Now go." He said and I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you."

"I can handle myself Harper, I'm a witch." He rolled his eyes, I sighed in defeat and left.

I walked out from the building and I had no idea where to go. Luckily car pulled over and two guys got out from it. "Kai." I called when I recognized him. He looked at me and I could see relieved expression on his face.

"You're okay." Kai said walking towards me.

"Yes but Mike-"

I was interepted "I know, I know, I'm going." Kai replied and walked in the building with Zeke. I got in the car and waited there.

Finally Mike came back and started driving. "Wait, where's Kai and Zeke?" I asked from behind. "They're going to take care of that guy and he asked me to take you home." Mike replied and I didn't have enough energy to ask any more questions, so I just nodded.

I started opening my eyes and heard Kai and Mike talking. "She fell asleep." Mike told him. Guess Kai just got home. Kai thanked Mike and then he left. Wow, it's the first time Kai said something nice to Mike.

He came in my room and I fully opened my eyes. "Hey." He said and took a seat on the edge of my bed. I sat up and wrapped my arms around him. "Are you hurt?" He asked, hugging me back. I shook my head. We both lay on the bed.

"What happened to Josh?" I asked. He rose an eyebrow "that guy I mean." I replied.

"Yuh, you don't have to worry."

"Are you serious Kai? That's the second time you're saying that to me, I think I have a right to know what happened to people who tried to kill me."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and I looked at him. There was guilt all over his face. "It's my fault." I shook my head and put my hands on his cheeks. "It's not Kai, I just want to know what you mean when you say they're taken care of."

"They're in magic free cells so they can't use it to get out just like with my father, and you don't have to worry because they'll never escape from there." I nodded and moved closer to him, then I remembered what else I wanted to ask. "Kai." I whispered. He looked at me with concerned look. "Liv?" I asked and he shook his head. "I didn't kill her."

"But Josh said-"

"I locked her in the prison world so when Josh or whatever that guy's name is, would try to do the spells to find her, it'd show no results and would think she's dead."

I narrowed my eyes. "So she's in -"

"Prison world." Kai smirked. "You're enjoying this." I stated and he nodded. "Of course, come on Harper, if I've been locked there alone for 18 years, she can handle 1 week."

I laughed with him. "That's right, smile." He said and kissed me. "How did you find me?"

He pulled away. "Well, so when that piece of shit" He looked at me when he finished that sentence. "Sorry." I nodded. "So when he called me and told me to ditch my place as a leader and choose other one, I was gonna do that but then your bestie came in and was like, what if there's another way." I smiled at the way he was telling me the story.

"So we decided to go to Portland anyway, I mean of course he'd be there to see what I was gonna do and Mike said he'd follow him because he didn't know what Mike looked like and he knew us, so it couldn't have been either one of us." He explained. "That's why Mike was first there, but if it didn't work and his plan ended up with you getting hurt, I promised a excruciating death to him."

I rolled my eyes. "He was quite happy to accept it." Kai finished and looked at me. "What?" I asked when I noticed he was staring at me. "You know that I'd do anything to get you back including leaving my place in gemini coven, right?" He asked, eyebrows rose. I nodded. "I know Kai but I'm glad you didn't have to, you love being the leader of that coven and having your own magic instead of taking from others."

"I love you more and I just want to make sure you know that." Kai said with a warm smile. I hugged him "I know Kai and I love you too." He started rubbing my back. "More than anything." I added.