16

We went to Blake and Mike's house. I rushed inside and saw Mike sitting on a couch. I ran towards him and punched him in the face.
"How could you." I asked and tried to punch him again but Blake stopped me.

"What did you do to Kai?" I asked, I could feel my voice was breaking but I didn't care, all I cared about was Kai and his safety.

"It's just an old spell, okay it will make him weaker for a while."

"He's unconscious." Blake told his brother. I couldn't speak anymore, if I opened my mouth I knew I won't be able to stop crying and I couldn't break down in front of Mike.

"I don't know about that, he should have wake up like minutes later, the spell was only to take his powers temporarily-"

"So, you could kill him?" I cut him off, he nodded. I couldn't believe this , he admitted everything. it's the second time he tried to harm Kai. I shook my head.
"Tell me how to reverse it?" I said but it came out more like a demand.

"There's no reverse, didn't you heard what I said, it's temporarily"

"I hate you." I yelled at his face and walked away. I quickly went back to my house, pick up phone and called Zeke to tell him about what Mike just told me. "Hello?" He asked
"Yes, zeke it's me." "Oh, right, girl who was with Kai"
"My name's Harper but it's not important now."
"Okay" he replied
"Did you figure out anything."

"Yes" I said and nodded but knew he couldn't see it. "It was an old spell to take his powers temporarily but he shouldn't be unconscious for this long." I explained

"Okay, Harper thank's for your help, I'll contact you when I'll have more information." He said and hang up.

I just went to my room and laid in my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Kai and a lot of ifs, like what if he wouldn't wake up at all, or maybe he would and he would lost his powers, and it all would be my fault, Mike's my best friend , what if he hates me?.
Finally I fade to sleep.

I woke up next morning and immediately checked my phone but there was no missed calls from Zeke. What if they won't figure it out?
How did even Mike knew about this spell?
Then I heard knock on my door.

I walked downstairs and opened the door.
"Mike?" I asked in disbelief couldn't believe he came to see me after everything he did.

"Harper, listen, I can't say that I'm sorry because I'm not" he said and I almost slammed the  door in front of him
"But." He continued , giving me a paper with latin words on it.
"This is the spell, just give this to whoever" he said and left. I just closed the door and called Zeke.

"This is really early, Harper."

"Wow, you remembered my name" I said ironically, in better mood because I had spell that made Kai in this condition.
"Look, I have a spell that was done to Kai."

"What, how did you-
I cut him off, "not important"

"Just come here and -

"Yes, yes, I'm coming" he said cutting me off.

I was standing near the window waiting for Zeke to arrive. Then finally there was a knock. But it was Elena.
"What do you want Elena?"
"Can I come in?" She asked
"Look, it's not great time, I have something to do."
"This is important, and it's about Care." She finished.
"Okay, come in" I replied.

She came in and sat on the couch, rolling her eyes.
"So?" I asked her, wanting more than to just get over with whatever this was so I could get back to helping Kai.

"Caroline turned off her humanity."
"What?" I asked confused. "But why?"

"Her mom died 2 days ago" she replied.
Her mom died and I wasn't there. "After the Thanksgiving dinner.I was calling you , we all were but you didn't answer." She said. Right I only checked my phone for Zeke's number, because Kai was all I was thinking about.
Then there was a knock again, and this time it was the person I was waiting for. I ran and opened the door.