Chapter 28

Payton

It took a good hour to calm Echo down so I could shift back, every movement was making him stay on high alert, in the end I had to tell everyone to stay away from the training grounds until I could shift.
I was now in Jason's office, he had just finished talking to Cain who knew nothing about the attack and was under the impression that it was still on hold, and that no one had left the compound, now he knew there were less hunters here, they were going to attack and head back to his pack.
"What do you want to do about your sister?" I shrugged my shoulders "Not sure, but what I do want to do is see those twins" I said smiling at Jason.
We left my sister in the cells, I could tell Jason was worried, it was definitely an inside job someone betrayed his pack but he just couldn't work out who it was....yet. We are now sitting in a little room at the barracks with a social worker.
"So have they said anything to you?" I said to the social worker who was called Lilly, she shook her head No, "they have written things down for us but it is very bad English, we know they are twins, 5 years old, we think that the parents were killed to get the twins but we don't know why, but they keep asking for the man that saved them, I'm hoping you can get them talking" I nodded "I can try but can you leave the room" she seemed unsure "I just think if they keep asking for me, they must want to say something but are to scared too" fingers crossed this works "ok, I will just go and get them" less than a minute later they came running in they stopped as soon as they saw Jason and backed into the corner
"Hey guys I'm Payton, I hear you have been asking for me, this is Jason my boyfriend, I hope you don't mind him being here, he really wanted to meet you" Jason waved at them but didn't move from his seat, I kneeled down in front of them and they hugged me, shocking me and Lilly. "I will just be outside" with that we were left allow.
I walked them over to the chairs "Umm we haven't been told your names" the girl looked at the boy and he nodded "I'm star and he is rain" "nice to meet you as I said I'm Payton and this is Jason" they both smiled then looked at each other "so you wanted to see me" they nodded, then looked around the room "no one can hear anything that's said in here" "ummmm before our......parents....killed.....they said .......that 2 soldiers would save us and.....go with....keep us safe....you like us" she frowned "but only you....where other" I looked at her with a sad face, Jason grabbed my hand "my twin died when were 15" "oh.....we told....not survive without the other" "it was hard but I survived" we were silent for a few minutes "so you know what you are" "they nodded thenRain whispered "Hellhounds, like you" I nodded, we spent the next half an hour talking about bits and pieces then Rain spoke "so what happens now?" I looked at Jason he mindlinked "You want them don't you?" I nodded and smiled "Ok" I got up and hugged him "Thank you Thank you" the kids looked confused and just staring at us, I looked at Jason and he nodded, " I got both of them on my lap then whispered "Jason is a werewolf and he is my mate and I asked if we could adopt you" "what's adopt?" Star said "We want you to live with us" she smiled then rain said "what's werewolf?" "It's like a hellhound, I can explain more when your living with us" they nodded and hugged me then went over and hugged Jason just as Lilly walked in and took them out "bye" they shouted smiling. Lilly came back a few minutes later, she went to speak, "we want to adopt them, how do we do that?" She seemed taken back "oh ummm I wasn't expecting that, ummm first could you help me then I will answer your questions" I nodded "did you get there names and why they were at that compound"
"Girl is called Star and the boy is called Rain, I for got to ask for last names sorry.  Their parents were killed when they were 3 ish they don't know why, they were then told that they would be living with Ace is our code name for him and had to do anything Ace said, they don't know where they are from, they aren't even sure what country they are from, they said they remember mountains with snow, so maybe Norway, Finland that sort of area" I shrugged "thank you that's helpful, with regards to adopting, I can arrange a meeting to start the paperwork, would it just be you adopting?" I shook my head "Jason is my boyfriend" "ahhhh, ummm to be honest that could be a problem?" I sat up straighter in my seat as Jason moved in his and said "a problem how?" "Ummm well they prefer married couples" I sighed I thought she was going to have a problem we us being gay "that's no problem we can get married" I snapped my head to look at Jason with my mouth open "oh come on, we are basically married already" we both laughed "yeah but that is not how you go about getting married Jason" I said dragging out his name Lilly was trying to not laugh "sorry Lilly" Jason said "No problem, so I have booked a meeting for next Friday, can I have your email address and I will send you the paperwork, if it all goes well, someone will come and look at your house and make sure it's child suitable, then you would start with visits, then sleepover and then adoption".
We walked out the barracks hand in hand with me smiling, I turned to Jason as I just had a thought "ummm we are gonna have to stay at my place, Can't have the social workers at the pack house" "that is true but once the house is built we can move in there right" I kissed him on the lips "definitely".