Chapter 19

Aiden (Bet you didn't see this one coming)

It's been 2 months since Payton left and Jason has had 1 letter, the pack is on edge especially with rogues on our borders almost ever other night. Jason and Rocky just seem to be angry all the time, little things are setting them off, the pack members are basically hiding and only come out when Jason isn't around and if they do happen to see him they hide as quick as possible to get away from his wrath.  I know he is struggling and it didn't help that they only found each other like 3 weeks before he had to leave again but I'm so bored of it, Josh doesn't come around any more because he is so scared of him, I miss my baby boy.
I walked up the stairs towards his office hoping and praying that he was at least calm today when I heard something being smashed on the floor, I roll my eyes and knock on the door
"WHAT!" Great angry Jason is still here, I walk in "Jason, please calm down, you need to calm Rocky down this is getting out of hand" before I could finish the sentence I was pinned to the wall and Rocky was in full force "Do not speak to me like that, I am your Alpha, you will speak to me with respect" I had my hands round Jason's hands which were pressing on my neck, I was spluttering "Rocky......Alpha ......Jason.....Please" Rocky finally let go and I fell to the floor. My hands went to my neck and I took in really deep breaths. I finally stood up "An Alpha should learn to control himself better, when you do that you will have my respect" I turned round and walked out, I went and found Josh
"Aiden what happened?" He said running up to me and looking at my neck "Rocky made his presence known, Jason can't control him, I'm not sure what's going to happen, Payton needs to make contact soon or I'm going to have to get the doctor to sedate him which will not be pretty".  I left Jason alone for the rest of the day and made sure no one went near him.

That evening I went back to his office and found it neat and tidy and Jason sitting at his desk working, he looked up at me and sighed, I sat down in front of his desk, I know Alphas do not like to apologise or say sorry but I want him to apologise what he did to me was not fair so I waited for him to speak first, after a few minutes.
"I'm very sorry Aiden, I am really struggling to control Rocky and I know it's not your fault or anyone's in the pack, I have basically decided and told Rocky if he breaks free again I'm giving you the right to sedate me" wow I was not expecting that. I nodded "ok, if that's what you want I will do that and thank you for the apology". He started to pull out bits of paper as the phone rang.

Jason
I looked at my phone and the number was with held, I thought that was strange but answered it anyways
"Hello" just static, again I said "Hello" a bit louder this time
"Hi babe, can you hear me, the line is awful"
"Payton! It's really you" I basically jumped out my chair, Aiden walked out the room and closed the door smiling.
"Yes it's me, just to let you know, if we get cut off, I can't call you back ok Love"
I nodded then realised he couldn't see "Yes ok, are you ok?" I knew he couldn't tell me what he was doing
"Yeah I'm good, did you get my letter, are you ok, how are you and Rocky coping?"
"Yes I got your letter, it was very sweet," I laughed "we aren't doing great, everyone is walking on egg shells around me, Rocky attacked Aiden, not great, I hope you don't mind but I'm basically living at yours"
"It's fine J, totally fine, I'm sorry I can't be there, I really want to" the line cracked up a bit
"Payton, we looked at your land and have started putting in thicker trees and bushes so hoping in a few years it will be hard to get through"
"That's good, so are you,guys using it?"
"No not yet, I was going to let the plants grow for a year or so then open up the land to the pack if your happy with that"
"Yeah that's good with me"
"How are you and Echo doing"
"Ummm I can't say anything at the moment" I then heard people in the background shouting Knightly
"Shit, sorry baby, I have to ummm go, I'm going under, so you won't hear from me until it's over, love you" and before I could reply the line was dead
"I love you too" I said out loud.
I could feel Aiden outside the door, "you can come in Aiden"
"So?" He said as he sat down "it was going fine until, there was shouting in the back ground and then he said he had to go and was now going under and wouldn't contact me again until it was over then the line went dead"
"At least you know he is alive and that there is an end in sight" I shrugged Rocky was pacing in my head, he wasn't happy about the shouting in the background of the call and the fact that Payton dropped the call, seemed like something had changed something had happened they were not expecting, it was making us uncomfortable.