Chapter 29

Ink took a closer look at the stranger. The light of the moon allowed him to get a better look at the guy, and he noticed those eyelights looked... familiar. After a moment, the stranger spoke again.

"No, you can't be Encre," The stranger lowered his head. "Encre is probably long gone, by now."

Ink lowered his paintbrush and allowed the chains to dissolve. He then held a hand out for the stranger. "What's your name?"

"Fallacy. And you?"

"Name's Ink. I'm looking for someone. Goes by the name Error."

Fallacy raised a brow. "That's... a strange name."

"Yeah?" Ink retorted. "Well, I didn't ask for your opinion. All I wanna know is if you've seen or heard of him."

Fallacy rolled his eyelights. Damn, this guy. He sounded like Encre, and he couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not. He held no advantage, as Ink was the same height as him, so he couldn't intimidate the creator if he tried. Not only that, but it seems this Ink fellow is in possession of some crazy magical abilities. Not even the king of vampires was foolish enough to mess with strange magic.

Ink groaned in annoyance. "Well, since you're no help, I'm leaving. Error should've been here. Maybe Classic's device couldn't pinpoint Error's location." He walked away, examining the watch on his wrist and leaving Fallacy quite confused. At length, Fallacy remembered something.

"Damn it...."

Ink stopped and turned around. "What is it?"

"That dog's missing. He belongs to Encre, someone who looks like you. In fact, it's strange that you share his appearance so... uncannily."

Ink raised a brow. "Riiiiiight. What does this dog look like? I can help you find it."

Fallacy thought a moment. "It's small, black with tan markings, and... very unique eyes."

"What kind of eyes?"

"They reminded me of my own. Might've been my imagination, but they were unlike any I'd ever seen in an animal."

Ink studied Fallacy's eyelights again, getting closer to the king than Fallacy felt was appropriate. He averted his eyelights slightly, and Ink suddenly gasped.

"N-no way...."

Fallacy looked back at him, confused. "What?"

Ink was frozen in shock. Those eyelights.... They were Error's! Except, they weren't. Not quite. Instead of the spark of madness that used to be easy to see, there was an air of authority and entitlement in them. There was a slight sadness to them, too. It wasn't the same as Error's, but Ink's expression softened upon seeing it. Another thought occurred to him. If Fallacy's eyelights resembled Error's, and this missing dog's eyes looked like his....

"I need to find him."

A tiny bark made Ink whirl around. There, standing as tall as his little form allowed, tail wagging a mile a minute, was Cinnamon. But Ink knew him by another name.

"ERROR!!!" Ink went over and dropped to his knees, holding his arms out for the tiny dog. Cinnamon ran up to him and buried his face in Ink's chest, his soul crying for joy. Ink hugged him back, tearing up with happiness. The reunion was cut short by Fallacy clearing his nonexistent throat. Ink turned to look at him, a displeased frown working its way onto his face.

"What exactly is that dog to you?"

Ink looked down and stood up, Cinnamon tucked safely in his arms. "He's- er, he was my boyfriend. Until that bastard Fresh decided to take revenge and try to murder him. That parasite had his death coming for centuries. I am so, so sorry, Error. Can you ever forgive me?"