Chapter 15

Meanwhile, in Nightmare's castle...

Blueberry shifted uncomfortably, watching as Sci studied the contents of the potion which had turned Error into a dog. He didn't like that Sci didn't know what the potion was or where it came from, not one bit. It was as if the thing just... appeared out of thin air.

"I don't get it," Sci grumbled, sighing harshly as he straightened from hunching over his chemistry equipment. "I've never seen something so... peculiar. It has the same atomical structure as the healing potion, but altered to fit the DNA of an animal..... But, that gives me an idea."

Blueberry perked up at Sci's change of tune.
"CAN YOU REVERSE THE EFFECTS?"

"It's risky," Sci replied, taking out the actual healing potion he'd made for Error. "but I feel like we have no choice. I'll have to see if I can get my healing potion to fit the DNA of a skeleton, and that should bring him back to normal. Only problem is, I don't have a test subject."

Blueberry remained quiet for a moment. Suddenly, he smirked.
"HMM. I MAY HAVE JUST THE PERSON FOR THAT."

Sci eyed him suspiciously.
"And who might that be?"

He grinned with an unsettlingly knowing glint in his eyelights.
"OH, YOU'LL SEE. BUT, YOU MUST TRUST ME ON THIS."

Sci rubbed his forehead, hoping to the stars above that Blueberry wasn't going to try to play matchmaker again, especially with a life, and subsequently the rest of the multiverse, on the line. He nodded to the short skeleton, who leapt out of his seat and bounded out of the room. Maaaaybe that wasn't such a great idea...

... ... ...

Blueberry skipped into the Snowdin of UnderFell, humming a familiar tune. It was difficult to hide his upbeat attitude, especially when the subjects of his shipping obsession would get to spend some quality time together. If he was right, and he was sure he was, Red would like nothing better than to visit Sci and watch him work. The hard part is convincing him it's his idea.

He continued past the skelebros' house, knowing Red wouldn't be there unless he was done with his sentry shift. It was typical for the edgy skeleton to avoid his brother, since Edge had the tendency to yell out his thoughts, which Red mistakenly assumed were directed at him. Blueberry, sneaky as he was, had witnessed one of these exchanges, and quickly realized that Red feared his younger brother. He also found out, by following Edge around, that the tall skeleton feared losing Red. It was all a huge misunderstanding, one that Blueberry hoped to remedy in the future; for now, though, he had a mission to accomplish.

Swinging the doors to Grillby's bar open, he strutted over to the counter. He took a seat next to the only one there: Red.

"WHY, HELLO, RED!" he exclaimed, catching the attention of some of the other customers. "HOW GLAD I AM THAT YOU WERE HERE AT THIS HOUR!"

Red glanced at him, sipping his mustard and placing it in front of him.
"Oh boy, here we go again," he drawled in a bored tone. "What brings you here, berry Blue?"

"OH, NOTHING MUCH. JUST GETTING AWAY FROM THE USUAL MULTIVERSE SHENANIGANS AND THE LIKE."

Red sat up straighter and turned to his companion.
"No you're not. When you're here, trouble is bound to follow. Don't think I forgot when you and Dream came here, askin' around fer some oreo skeleton, then Boss comes huntin' me down and demands where his favorite boots are! We found 'em in the river, spray-painted with smiley faces, and Boss was furious! I had ta do extra sentry duty that week!"
The scowl on his face didn't faze Blueberry; in fact, he smirked at the memory, knowing full well it had been his fault the boots had gone missing.