Chapter 12

The next morning, Ink woke up with a yawn. Error woke along with him, feeling the same pressure as he felt yesterday. Only this time, it was much more urgent. He yawned and stretched, catching Ink's attention.

"Mm, good morning, Cinnamon," he said, smiling and petting Error's head. "How are you doing today, boy?"

Error sniffed in response. Ink chuckled, and got up from the couch. He stretched out farther, and wandered into the kitchen. Time to make breakfast. He decided on toast, since that was the easiest thing to make right now. Error jumped down from the couch, almost losing his balance from the action. Damn, being a dog is so much harder than he thought. He walked into the kitchen, a little desperate to get Ink's attention. He tried yipping, which seemed to do the trick.

"Hmm?" Ink looked down at Error. "What is it, Cinnamon?" He knelt down to Error's level, and tried to think back to how dogs acted. He then realized something.
"Oh my stars, you haven't gone for a walk at all since I found you! C'mon, let's go to a nice, sunny AU for you to explore!"

He grabbed Broomie, and swiped down to create a portal. He patted his leg to coax Error into following him, which Error did. The two headed into the portal, leaving the toast in the toaster, possibly to burn.

Meanwhile, with Dream...

Dream groaned as he opened his eyesockets. Huh? That's weird. He was sure he was just talking with Blueberry and Sci. He spied a note stuck to the table, and grabbed it. It read:

"Dear Dream,

I, the magnificent Sans, apologize for my friend Killer's actions. He undoubtedly thought you could not be trusted, and thus, knocked you out and intended to bring you to Nightmare. I told him you are our spy and confidant, and that you will help us in our heroic quest to restore balance to the multiverse. This is very important, and the magnificent Sans hopes you are up to the task. As soon as you find this, I ask that you destroy this note. Someone may find it, and know of our position. It is imperative we protect Error while he is vulnerable. He has many enemies, as you might expect.

My sincerest apologies,
The Magnificent Sans/Blueberry."

Dream smiled a bit at Blueberry's handwriting. It is so very like him to make his notes as elegant and elaborate as possible. But, Dream knew he now had to focus. Error's safety was his top priority, right now. He had to find Ink, and make sure the forgetful creator is taking care of him, properly. For the good of the multiverse, his new "pet" must stay safe.

Dream hurried into a portal to the Doodlesphere, and went inside the cottage.
"Ink?" He called out. No response, and he smelled something burning. He rushed into the kitchen to find the toaster set to high. The toast - or what was left of it - was charred black. Dream quickly unplugged the toaster, and looked around the kitchen. He explored the rest of the house, finding it completely empty.

'How odd,' Dream thought. 'Ink is usually here in the mornings. Especially this early. Where could he have gone?'

He sensed a slight bit of fear in an AU on the surface, and went to go check it out. He failed to notice Blueberry's note had fallen out of his pocket.

A figure snuck out of the shadows of the house, and picked up the note. Scanning its contents, they smirked, their shades shifting slightly from the action. They stuffed the note into their jacket pocket, and twisted around on their heelies.

"Welp, time ta visity visit an ol' pal, brah!"

Meanwhile, with Ink and Error...

Error sighed in relief as the pressure drained from his body. He'd been walking around, looking at all the interesting sights, when the pressure just couldn't hold itself, anymore. He'd trotted a little ways away from Ink, and allowed whatever this was to take care of itself.