Bonus Chapter: Killermare

*Ooooooooh, nother lemon chapter. I decided I wanted to try and do as many of the bonus chapters as I could before pride month ended, but like.... Work, and shit....

Anyway, enjoy, I suppose....*

Nightmare paced around in his bedroom. He had been putting off the date he'd asked Killer on for months, telling himself he'd finally work up the courage the next day. After all the crap they'd had to deal with the last few months, he was sure Killer could use a nice day of rest and relaxation.

'How am I gonna do this?' he thought, putting a hand to his chin. He remembered what Cross had said: Killer loved blueberry waffle cone ice cream. OuterTale probably had one or two meteor showers a day. Aaaaand he was instantly turned off by the idea of going somewhere public.

He looked out the window. The sun was low in the sky, not quite sunset, but still late in the afternoon. A thought occurred to him, and he hurried out of the room.

Downstairs, Killer was playing Uno with Horror, Error, Ink, and Dust. Throughout the game, Dust had been making not-so-subtle comments on Error's condition. He was two months pregnant, thanks to Ink's failure to use protection. Error, however, was quite happy. He and Ink had instantly celebrated at the possibility of being parents, though Ink apologized and promised to use protection next time.

Killer laid down a skip card, making Ink groan. "Seriously?! I just wanna get rid of some cards, seeing as how Glitchy gave me like twenty of them!"

Error snickered, placing his cards down and leaning over to peck Ink's cheekbone. "I'm sorry, love. I didn't want to, but Horror gave me no choice~"

He swooned onto Ink's shoulder, making the creator blush. Killer was barely listening. His mind had pushed all other logic out to focus on the word love. Love. He's never heard Nightmare call him that. He kind of... wanted to hear it from him. It made him sad, though, that Nightmare has never said he loved him. Did he love Killer?

He shook his head as Dust poked his shoulder. "Hey, Killz. It's your turn."

Killer looked down and noticed he didn't have a blue card. He sighed as he drew a card, then another, then another. It was some time before he realized he'd drawn a few blues. Laying down a blue five, put his hand down and rested his chin in his hands. Horror gave him a sad look.

"Something wrong, Killer?"

Killer remained silent for a bit. What was he supposed to say? He couldn't even rationalize it to himself, let alone describe what he was feeling! He didn't want to think that, maybe, he was starting to doubt Nightmare's affection for him.

"Killer."

He looked up to the doorway, where Nightmare himself was leaning against the jamb. He gulped as Nightmare gestured for him to follow. He got up, apologizing to the others. "I gotta go see what Nightmare wants...."

He had to suppress a heavy sigh as he left, feeling four concerned pairs of eyelights watching after him. He trudged reluctantly to the throne room, expecting Nightmare to be there. When he found the room empty, his brows furrowed in bewildered confusion.

'Wh-where did he go?' He began retracing his steps, and bumped right into Nightmare. The negative guardian chuckled lightly as Killer stepped away.

"Oops! Sorry, Killz," Nightmare looked down at him, blushing slightly. This was it. This was his chance to ask Killer out. So, why was he still hesitating?

"U-uh," Killer stuttered, looking down at his fidgeting hands. "D-did you need me for something, N-Nightmare?"

Nightmare took a deep breath and grabbed Killer's hands. This made Killer look up, into the shining eyelight of his lover. "K-Killer, uh, I wanted to ask you...."