14.

Harry Styles

"Harry! I need your help!"

Andi's voice echoes through the house from Max and Lila's bedroom causing me to perk up at the thought of her needing something from me. I don't even hesitate to drop the hangers holding my shirt choices on the bed before taking off down the hall to where she is.

As I step through the entry to the master bedroom, I see the light on in the closet, and a flustered looking Andi with her hands buried in her hair as she stares at whatever the door is blocking. She's wearing a grey Nike sweatshirt with black sweatshorts and some cute fuzzy socks on her feet. She looks so comfy and herself.

This is my favorite version of Andi.

"Hey," I try to act nonchalantly. "What's the matter?"

Her eyes meet mine and I can see the frustration in them which makes my heart clench. She just starts shaking her head and pointing at the two dresses in front of her. "Which one should I wear?"

I take in the two options laid out in front of me, hanging from their hangers in the basically empty closet of our best friends. One dress is a very elegant, champagne color, more on the conservative looking side with its short, flowy sleeves and empire waist. It's pretty, and I know Andi would look amazing in it, but it seems very formal and something that a member of the royal family would wear.

The other dress is a bright red, silky, form fitting, and would obviously show a lot more skin. It's got thin straps and a deeper slouchy neckline with a slit up the side that would show off her tan skin. It's definitely sexier, and more of what I know is Andi's style.

Plus, she looks so fucking good in red.

After taking in the options before me, I turn to look at her where I can basically see the wheels turning in her head, and I feel like I have a pretty good idea of her thought process. I'm sure she would rather wear the red one, but is feeling like the champagne colored dress might be better for the occasion.

"Andi, which one do you want to wear?" I instead ask her.

She shrugs, "It doesn't matter what I want to wear, I... I don't want to look like some hooker off the street, and I'm scared that the red dress will make me look like that."

My face scrunches up in confusion because the Andi I know would never talk like that. "Wait... what?"

"The red dress," she pauses. "It'll show how young I am. Too young to be raising two kids that aren't even mine." I can see her getting worked up, shaking her head as she brings her hand up to her mouth and starts biting her nails. A habit she hasn't broken, apparently.

I take a few steps towards her, gently wrapping my hand around her wrist to pull her hand away from her mouth so she doesn't ruin her manicure she got done for tonight. "Andi, where's this coming from?" I look her directly in her wandering eyes.

"Just... fuck. I don't know. He... he said that the black dress was too revealing when I wore it, and I... I don't want to embarrass you like that."

I stand, staring at her as she tries her best to get out her jumbled words that hardly make any sense. I have no idea what she's talking about, wracking my brain over a black dress that could've been revealing when it hits me. The black dress she was wearing when she showed up here after the night out with Blake.

"Andi, fuck Blake, alright? This isn't about him, wear the red dress. I know that's the one you want to wear."

She tilts her head up to meet my eyes, and I see them soften before she nods and rolls her lips into her mouth. She clears her throat, reminding me that I'm still holding her wrists. I quickly let them go and step back to the closet door.