~ Sydger ~

The icy snow had kept all the high schoolers at home today. All except two that is. Syd and Roger had decided to meet by the lake to discuss plans for their upcoming band. It was still a work in progress but it was getting on quite quickly.

Roger and Syd had decided to meet around 10 in the morning. It wasn't too far of a walk so both boys decided to go out in the cold. It was still snowing and some ice had stuck onto the tree branches, it felt like they were in a movie.

Once arriving at the lake, they took a seat on the short bench that sat near the edge. Syd, as usual, had brought his notebook. He sketched, wrote, and planned all in that one book.

"So have you come up with any other plans for this band?" Roger asked lightly.

He treated Syd so gently as if he was a newborn baby.

"Not exactly. Oh! Remember at last night's gig? I thought up a name we could use for the group, Pink Floyd", Syd's eyes lit up as he spoke making Roger even more interested in what the boy had to say.

"That sounds great!"

Both boys smiled. It was in times like these that the pair didn't know what to say to each other. They both had no reason to fear the other but still felt nervous.

Roger played with his hands, not knowing what to do or say. Syd took his pencil and started to make random sketches. Every once in a while, Roger would glance at Syd or what he was doing. He was completely focused on his sketch but didn't have any idea exactly what he was drawing.

"Syd?', Roger asked with a quivering voice.

Syd looked up. His eyes were calm and full of an emotion that Roger couldn't place.

He tried to explain something to Syd. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say so he kept mumbling and stuttering.

"Roger"

He locked his eyes with Syd, waiting for him to keep talking.

In this moment, it felt like both of them wanted to say the same thing. Neither could put it into words though.

Without either of them thinking, they both leaned their faces closer to each other. There soft lips touched each other in a blissful kiss. All the words that had been left unsaid, had just been understood with that simple gesture of affection.