~ Roger Taylor 3 ~

Here you were. Sitting at a Christmas party with your friend Freddie Mercury, holding a quiet conversation. The only thing on anyone's mind was happiness and love. During the holiday's everyone was spending time with their lovers.

Not you, at least not this holiday season. Ever since Roger broke up with you in October, nothing has felt the same. It felt weird to hang out with Freddie, Brian, or John. It felt like any word you said would immediately be reported to Roger. Everything you said about him was complaints about your heartache.

Little did you know, at Freddie's holiday party, Roger was also there. He had been invited by Fred and had no idea you were going to be here. You only knew this because Freddie told you so after he got drunk.

Instead of holding Freddie back from dancing and partying, you decided to get up and take a walk. You had no exact place to get to, you just needed a space to breathe. The strong scent of cigarettes and alcohol had filled the entire house. The only space that was relatively safe was the hallway by the front door. You sat down in a chair by the closet, holding a small glass of champagne in your hands. It was mostly finished but you didn't feel like drinking the rest.

It was a calm quiet place, and no one else was around. That was until someone occupied the seat across from you. Without having suspected anyone to do this, you lifted your head to meet the gaze of the person. Your eyes were met with the prettiest baby blue eyes you'd ever seen. Somehow they seemed familiar. The "stranger" had short fluffy blonde hair that looked incredibly soft. It took only a second for you to realize who it was, and why this person's features were so familiar. It was Roger.

You didn't feel the need to get up or yell at him. All you needed was an explanation.

"Hello?" You questioned.

"Hi,", Roger responded weakly.

You looked at him in confusion. He was acting so content. Was he not bothered by the fact that the person he broke up with is right in front of him? Roger noticed your look of confusion.

"Well, what do you want me to say then? Do you want me to tell you that I was wrong? Do you want me to say you were the issue? Because I can answer both of them," Roger asked softly.

"Then answer them please"

Roger sighed before continuing. "I was wrong, and I know it. Also, it wasn't you. I guess I must have been overwhelmed?"

"Well, I don't remember a fight or a reason, so what happened? Why did we break up? Was it a mutual fading out? Because I never moved on. Believe me. I tried, but no one is you", you stumbled over a few of your words.

Roger turned his eyes away and sat in deep thought for just a moment.

"I didn't move on either", he whispered.

You would have guaranteed he had gone off with some groupie or random chick on the street. But somehow, he didn't.

"Do you want to go out for coffee sometime? For old times sake?"

"Uh sure. Yeah, that'd be nice" you smiled.

Both you and Roger stood up, ready to get back into the party.

Brian walked by the hall just at the right time to mention the mistletoe above your heads. Both of you looked up and laughed a little.

"That's a bit awkward after having just seen you again. We don't have to if you don't want to", he smiled at you.

"It's tradition" you reasoned with him.

"But if you don't want to"

You cut him off by grabbing the collar of his shirt and placing your lips against his. It felt like your first kiss with him all over again.

Once the kiss ended, the two of you got back to the party hand in hand. And after the party was over, Roger called out to you.

"Coffee tomorrow? I'll come to pick you up!"

You nodded your head in agreement and walked home with the biggest smile on your face.